Ok, so what does it REALLY sound like? The MOD84 has some of the best composed, yet soulful, cleans we’ve seen in our shop but with the ability to intertwine some fur and angst with some push and attack. It’s got that Swart harmonic richness while still being open and transparent with that great Swart touch sensitivity. This is really a do it all amp that can cross many musical genres. It’s literally been a hit with everyone that tries it and it almost defies a pat description as it sounds quite different from the “stock” EL-84 stereotype, almost mixing a bit of American and British into something truly unique. As you can tell, we’re diggin’ this one.
- All Tube circuit ~15w twin EL-84 High Class A Bias AB
- Swart’s first EL-84 amp ~ Push-Pull EL-84 Power!
- Cathode “AUTO” Bias (no need to bias)
- 12AX7(2) – 12DW7(1)- EL-84(2) – GZ34 or 5Y3(1)
- Tube Rectification ~ GZ-34/5Y3 for compression/earlier breakup
- Top Mounted Controls for Front/Back Access
- 3-Way Interactive EQ Switch
- Tube Reverb via 12DW7 with Spring Tank
- Tube Tremolo with Custom Speed Sweep/Depth
- Hi/Lo Inputs for better PU Output matching
- Hand wired point to point ~ Made in USA
- Standby Switch ~ Warm-up up extends tube life
- Carbon Comp Resistors for BEST TONE
- Teflon covered High Purity Copper Wire
- Mallory, Sprague & JJ Caps, selected for Application
- 8ohm Custom Wired Heavy Duty Output Transformer
- Dedicated 2 button foot switch
- Extra Large Rubber Feet for Vibration/Protection
- Solid, finger-jointed Pine Cabinet ~ Vintage Inspired Coverings
- 1×12 & 2×10 cab ~ Creamback/Gold/Blue/Options Available
- Dimensions: 26 x 15.5 x 10.5 39lbs
And we know that some of you cant do without your top mounted controls so the MOD84 will please on that front. See the control layout below.
And like all Swart amps, this is a hand-made, finger jointed pine cabinet with open back, sounding very sweet, warm, and lush but with excellent detail and articulation…that is, NATURAL articulation, not hyper unnatural detail. This has that major Swart holographic take, that kind of result that reveals itself late night when the power grid is low use… This is just a killer sounding amp that can cut through the mix in a band setting while still being able to sound intimate with your varying touch sensitivity and use of volume.
Our favorite combination is a single 12″ speaker and we have some great options, including the Celestion Creamback, Anniversary, BLue, and Gold. While those are some of our favorites, we can take individual speaker preferences. In addition, this cab can be a 2×10.
And for a limited run, or until supplies run out, we are covering the MOD84 with a variety of options, at NO EXTRA CHARGE. IF you want out traditional TWEED, it will be $100 extra.
We hope you can get down to your nearest Swart dealer to try one of these beasts outs. We’ll be getting more samples soon but for now, take a look listen to Brett & Renn giving it a go late night at the Swart Studio.
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping. We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA. Returns
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so we offer a 48 hour approval period on most purchases (see exclusions below). The 48 hour approval period begins when your purchased item is delivered to your door. If after 48 hours you’re not happy with the item, just contact us via phone, email or live chat on our website to arrange for a return authorization (RA#) and return shipping instructions. Any package sent back without prior authorization will be refused.
Returns must be shipped back to us within two days of the RA being issued. Items must come back to us undamaged and in the same condition they were shipped out. All manuals, paperwork, cables, tremolo arms, wrenches, etc… must be included or full credit will not be issued. Any items not conforming to this policy will be subject (at our discretion) to a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
Refunds will be issued minus all related shipping expenses, if free shipping was initially given, the cost we incurred to get the item to you will be deducted from your refund. A 10% restock fee will also be deducted from your refund. Restock fees will be waived for full value exchanges.
Here are exceptions to our return policy.
- Custom orders of any kind are non returnable and non refundable. We often charge a deposit before we will place a custom or special order. All special order deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, no exceptions.
- Microphones, Harmonicas, In-Ear Systems and any other items that come into contact with your mouth or ears.
- Items labeled as BLOWOUT, are non-returnable. These are often being sold below cost and are considered “all sales final”.
- Software (this may also include hardware that includes software), unless still in shrink wrap with barcode affixed.
- Guitar strings, blank media, and other disposable merchandise.
- Guitar or bass pickups that have been installed or used in any way.
- Any item advertised as “USED” is non returnable.
*Payments for music lessons are non refundable, no exceptions.
View our detailed Return Policy here. Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order. Damaged Merchandise
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.