This is a hopped-up volume pedal with an SHO at its heart, providing boost, and a copper probe plate like a Fuzz Probe. As your foot gets closer, the volume goes up, but unlike a conventional volume pedal, there are no moving parts so you can create instant swells and tremolo effects by tapping your foot on the pedal in time with the band.
- The Tremolo Probe is a kind of cross between a theremin volume control and a Super Hard-On. There is a 3-5/8″ square copper plate mounted on a chunk of 3/8″ clear acrylic that passes over the top of the pedal housing, angles down to sharp turn, and goes back to the pedal. Under the whole mess is a 3 5/8″ by 7″ sheet of aluminum that provides shielding from annoying ground effects and wires under the stage. It also serves to protect the knob from being knocked off if you drop it on that end… and it makes a nice toe chopper if you are barefoot, so (legal disclaimer:) DO NOT DROP THIS PEDAL ON YOUR FOOT! IT IS HEAVY AND HAS VERY POINTY CORNERS THAT COULD DAMAGE LIVING CREATURES AND FINE HARDWOOD FLOORING. ALSO, YOU COULD BREAK SOMETHING. Like your dog.
- At the heart of this pedal is a super hard-on circuit combined with a probe controller circuit. You can tap on this pedal with your foot to make lovely tremolo sounds that are in perfect time with your foot’s movement… so they can be perfectly in time with your performance or the band’s tempo changes. You can also use the pedal to make reverse-sounding volume swells or pedal-steel type volume effects.
- The copper antenna projects a field of RF energy that is affected by your foot (or other appendage), altering the circuit that generates it, an in so doing, increasing the brightness of that LED on the top of the pedal and also controlling the master volume of the output. You can set the drive of the pedal with the knob on the back… it gets pretty darn loud, so watch out. It will distort in an interesting way when it is cranked. Basically, the reason it is called the tremolo probe is that you can tap on the antenna at any speed and your sound will be a nice tremolo in time with the band. It is possible to set the volume to be up slightly when your foot is off the antenna and come up louder as your foot approaches the antenna… see next.
- You might start with these settings and rules: 1) Plug in your cords (output and battery switch is on LEFT). 2) Make sure your guitar cords are AWAY from the antenna. They will mess with the probe just like your foot does. 3) Stomp on the switch and you’ll be able to tell when it’s on, when it is quiet with your foot away. Bring your foot near the antenna to control the volume of the guitar. 4) Put your foot completely on the pedal and adjust the knob on the back until it’s at the right volume. Voila.
- DON’T MESS WITH THE SCREWDRIVER ADJUSTMENT SETTINGS UNDER THE PEDAL. Just remember this: use a bright light first and MARK the original settings. The white screwdriver slots have a light arrow imprinted on them… really, they do, look closer. Use a pin or sharp tool or sharpie and scratch or mark the metal where the original setting is before you goof around with the controls. Turning the controls in the direction of the arrows INCREASES the sensitivity of the antenna. DO NOT turn up the LED control to the top and leave it there. All that will do is drain your battery. In case you want to reduce the sensitivity, turn the RF control in the opposite direction from the arrow and you can make the plate respond only when your foot is in contact with it. If you are careful, you can adjust it so that the sensitive range goes from just touching it to putting your weight on it.
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping. We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA. Returns
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so we offer a 48 hour approval period on most purchases (see exclusions below). The 48 hour approval period begins when your purchased item is delivered to your door. If after 48 hours you’re not happy with the item, just contact us via phone, email or live chat on our website to arrange for a return authorization (RA#) and return shipping instructions. Any package sent back without prior authorization will be refused.
Returns must be shipped back to us within two days of the RA being issued. Items must come back to us undamaged and in the same condition they were shipped out. All manuals, paperwork, cables, tremolo arms, wrenches, etc… must be included or full credit will not be issued. Any items not conforming to this policy will be subject (at our discretion) to a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
Refunds will be issued minus all related shipping expenses, if free shipping was initially given, the cost we incurred to get the item to you will be deducted from your refund. A 10% restock fee will also be deducted from your refund. Restock fees will be waived for full value exchanges.
Here are exceptions to our return policy.
- Custom orders of any kind are non returnable and non refundable. We often charge a deposit before we will place a custom or special order. All special order deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, no exceptions.
- Microphones, Harmonicas, In-Ear Systems and any other items that come into contact with your mouth or ears.
- Items labeled as BLOWOUT, are non-returnable. These are often being sold below cost and are considered “all sales final”.
- Software (this may also include hardware that includes software), unless still in shrink wrap with barcode affixed.
- Guitar strings, blank media, and other disposable merchandise.
- Guitar or bass pickups that have been installed or used in any way.
- Any item advertised as “USED” is non returnable.
*Payments for music lessons are non refundable, no exceptions.
View our detailed Return Policy here. Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order. Damaged Merchandise
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.
There are no reviews yet.