A ton of fuzzy gain combined with a high octave and ring-modular like tones with a mid scoop control make this pedal sound like a visit to a NASCAR event.
- IN: Far right knob controls input (drive) level. Use just enough for fun but not too much if you need less noise during quiet spots.
- OUT: Output level is on the left Watch out when you turn it up.
- TONE: Turn to right for mid scoop tone ( mellow)…to left for more mids (aggressive)
- HINTS: Use simple chords…three notes if possible… or limit voicing to octaves and fifths. This way you let the pedal generate thirds and control the color of the chords. For solos, play at the twelfth fret (double dot) or higher, using the rhythm pickup. This gives you the purest upper octave result with any brand of high octaver.
- IMPROVEMENTS: The newest Octane has the exact same audio circuit as the older ones, but has a special LED switching system that preserves the true-bypass while adding an LED on/off indicator. Also, this switching system silences the pedal’s circuitry while it is in the “off” mode so it doesn’t squeal or hiss in the background. Finally, there are two improvements to reduce radio reception, which was a serious problem with the older designs, and the main reason why I discontinued the pedal in the first place. In some cities, the older octanes picked up radio louder than the guitar!
- WARNING: As with any fuzz, the nuances of the pedal’s tone are lost with a distorted amp. Play fuzz boxes on a cleaner setting to hear the tone… this pedal is so distorted that you won’t need any more distortion anyway.
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping.
We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA.
14 Day Return for Merchandise Credit or Exchange
We're so sure you'll enjoy shopping with us that if for any reason, you're not completely satisfied with any item you receive from Matt's Music, simply call us within 14 days of the time you receive your merchandise for either a full in-store credit, or exchange - all entirely up to you. Items must be in brand new, factory fresh, resalable condition with all original packing materials, warranty cards and owners manuals, and show no signs of wear or abuse. All returns are subject to inspection. Special order items that are not normally stocked are non returnable. Ask if your purchase qualifies before you buy. Credit/exchange is for merchandise only and does not include any shipping charges. No refunds are issued in any case. Layaways are good for 60 days and layaway deposits are non refundable.
Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order.
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.