From Walrus Audio:
The Melee Wall of Noise is a distortion + reverb combo that unapologetically uses a joystick to meld reverb and distortion into one massive blaze of sound. With the flip of the order switch, run the distortion into the reverb or reverb into distortion; signal chain is your call now.
We give you the two most quintessential effects that yield unruly amounts of power and influence to an instrumentalist: reverb and distortion. They have been harnessed and woven together for an eternity of ethereal power with The Melee: Wall of Noise. The Melee unapologetically uses a joystick to meld reverb and distortion into one massive blaze of sound. With the flip of the order switch, run the distortion into the reverb or reverb into distortion; signal chain is your call now. For the explorer, the Melee can run one of three different reverb programs Ambient, Octave, and Reverse.
In a less is more approach, we’ve intentionally decided on controls that are fun to use and will inspire a wealth of creative output. Use the joystick to control the amount of distortion by moving it up and down. Moving the joystick left and right will adjust your reverb mix. The tone and decay toggles have low, medium, and high settings. Modulation can be added to the wet signal by holding down the bypass switch and moving the decay toggle. The left position is no modulation, the middle is a slight modulation, and the right is a high modulation.
The Melee is equipped with three different reverb programs, which can be changed by simultaneously pressing the bypass and sustain stomp switches. Experiment with the order toggle switch to hear how differently these all react in front and after the distortion!
• Ambient Reverb (Pink LED) – Huge reverb capable of massive trails and engulfing your chords into an angry wash of sound. Great for soaring melodic lines or shoegaze-driven chord progressions.
• Octave Down Reverb (Yellow LED) – Similar to the Dark mode in the Slö, you’ll find an eerie lower octave hovering in the reverb trail for a nice and dark atmospheric touch.
• Reverse Reverb with Feedback (Blue LED) – Add reversed reverb trails back into your signal, create gentle melodies or push into reverse feedback overload. Big, slow, and sad chords love to hang out here.
Press and hold the sustain switch to ramp up the reverb trails. Release and the trails will ramp back down to where the decay switch is currently set. The sustain switch can also latch in all three programs. Press and release the Sustain switch to capture and sustain the current reverb decay for long pad-like sounds in your wet mix. Press again to release the latch, and the reverb trail will taper off based on the position of the decay knob.
Control the amount of distortion and reverb dry/wet mix using the joystick. Left/Right sets amount of reverb with Right being fully wet, while Up/Down sets amount of distortion with up being fully distorted glory.
- Ambient Reverb (Pink LED)
- Octave Down Reverb (Yellow LED)
- Reverse Reverb (Blue LED)
- Order Switching
- Sure, the traditional Drive into Reverb sounds great with all three reverb programs, but when you want to get weird, try changing the order with Reverb into Drive to get a powerful muddy wall of sound at the flick of a switch.
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping. We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA. Returns
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so we offer a 48 hour approval period on most purchases (see exclusions below). The 48 hour approval period begins when your purchased item is delivered to your door. If after 48 hours you’re not happy with the item, just contact us via phone, email or live chat on our website to arrange for a return authorization (RA#) and return shipping instructions. Any package sent back without prior authorization will be refused.
Returns must be shipped back to us within two days of the RA being issued. Items must come back to us undamaged and in the same condition they were shipped out. All manuals, paperwork, cables, tremolo arms, wrenches, etc… must be included or full credit will not be issued. Any items not conforming to this policy will be subject (at our discretion) to a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
Refunds will be issued minus all related shipping expenses, if free shipping was initially given, the cost we incurred to get the item to you will be deducted from your refund. A 10% restock fee will also be deducted from your refund. Restock fees will be waived for full value exchanges.
Here are exceptions to our return policy.
- Custom orders of any kind are non returnable and non refundable. We often charge a deposit before we will place a custom or special order. All special order deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, no exceptions.
- Microphones, Harmonicas, In-Ear Systems and any other items that come into contact with your mouth or ears.
- Items labeled as BLOWOUT, are non-returnable. These are often being sold below cost and are considered “all sales final”.
- Software (this may also include hardware that includes software), unless still in shrink wrap with barcode affixed.
- Guitar strings, blank media, and other disposable merchandise.
- Guitar or bass pickups that have been installed or used in any way.
- Any item advertised as “USED” is non returnable.
*Payments for music lessons are non refundable, no exceptions.
View our detailed Return Policy here. Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order. Damaged Merchandise
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.