Vahlbruch “Xroads” (Crossroads) active ABY switcher pedal
The Xroads (Crossroads) pedal allows you to connect two ampliers and a tuner, switch between the ampliers, run them both at the same time, or mute them for silent tuning and guitar changes. The active signal-splitter includes super-low noise high-end audio signal buffering. This ensures a constant load to the connected guitar, regardless of whether one or both amplier outputs are active, thereby resulting in a highly consistent guitar tone. The low impedance of any output is easily capable to drive even very long cables without any loss of signal clearity, transparancy or dynamic. Generated from your 9V power supply, the Xroads pedal internally operates at 25 volts for maximum dynamic headroom. The high-end active audio circuit provides ultra-linear frequency response, perfectly suited for all types of instruments, magnetic or piezo pickups. The Xroads employs a unique self adjusting ground balancing output circuit which intrinsically eliminates ground loops and makes a ground switch obsolete. Simply adjust the correct phase between your amps and you are ready to go. The signal switching is 100% silent due to the micro-controlled dynamic signal routing. Two of my unique “MagTraB”-buttons toggle between the two ampliers, both ampliers on, or muted at the same time, for silent tuning and guitar changes. To activate the mute simply hold down the left MagTraB button for a second.
This pedal is equipped with our unique “MagTraB” switching technology:
Inside the button a magnet is integrated which position is measured by a sensor on the circuit board. If the button is now moved, e.g. it is pressed downwards, the position of the magnet will also change. The sensor measures this change without any mechanical contact to the button and the information is send via a micro-controller to a solid state relay, which then does the actual audio signal switching.
The advantages of “MagTraB” footswitches:
- MapTraB buttons are as good as indestructible! “MagTraB” delivers an almost infinite number of switching cycles – many, many millions!
- No annoying, mechanical switch clicks! Instead, the “MagTraB” push-buttons switch very smooth and soundless!
How to change the power-on default setting:
The factory power-on default setting is “output 1=on” and “output 2=mute”. You can easily change this default setting by holding down the following MagTraB buttons for a second during powering-on the pedal. The next time the pedal is powered on, the newly programmed presetting is recalled:
a) The “1/2” button changes between output “1” or “2” being active after power-on.
b) The “1+2” button changes between “1 + 2= on” or “1 or 2 = on”. The latter setting depends on step a).
c) Holding down the two “1/2” and “1+2” buttons at the same time during Xroads power-up allows you to programm the pedal to start in the “Mute state”. Repeat this procedure if you want to leave the “Mute-power-up-state” again.
- Active ABY signal splitter with high-end audio buffered input and outputs.
- Protects your guitar tone and avoids any impedance mismatch in your setup.
- Unique MagTraB switching technology.
- 100% silent switching due to dynamic signal routing based on micro-controlled solid state relays.
- 25 volts internally generated power supply for maximum dynamic headroom.
- Super low noise audio circuit.
- Ultra linear frequency response, perfect use for all types of instruments, magnetic or piezo pickups.
- Isolated outputs with phase invert switch to even out your rigs phase.
- Self adjusting ground balancing circuit eliminates ground loops and makes a ground switch obsolete.
- Buffered always on tuner output, which can also be used for D.I. purposes.
- Silent tuning, guitar change etc. by pressing the “1+2” button for 1 second to mute output 1 and 2 simultaneously.
- Amber and blue colored LEDs indicate the outputs on/off status.
- Input impedance: 1.0M Ohms
- Each output impedance: 100 Ohms
- Current consumption: 30mA
- This pedal requires an external regulated 9V power supply (not included) polarity: postive@ring / negative@tip
- Dimensions: 120mm x 100mm x 48mm
- Weight: 310g
- Handmade in Germany