Vahlbruch Quantum: Opto Compressor/Sustainer + Buffer Pedal
The “Quantum” is a 100% analog compressor / sustainer pedal on studio level with very easy handling. The core is a photocell, which generates a very musical optical compression. The pedal helps your guitar to cut through the mix without losing the instruments transparency. Especially due to the switchable parallel compression, attack and punchyness are fully preserved, only sustain is added without any tone coloration. Via a toggle switch also classic serial compression can be selected. A LED indicates the dynamic processing by its brightness. Internally the “Quantum” can be switched from “true bypass” to “buffered bypass”. Used at the beginning of the signal chain the “buffered bypass” mode ensures a clear guitar tone even through long cables and effect chains. Another LED indicates the activated buffer mode as “Bypass Buffer On”.
Buffer and compressor: “Quantum” is a 2-in-1 pedal! An absolute secret weapon and an “always on” pedal!
The “Quantum” is also perfectly suited for bass and acoustic guitar!
This pedal is equipped with our unique “MagTraB” switching technology:
Inside the button a magnet is integrated which position is measured by a sensor on the circuit board. If the button is now moved, e.g. if it is pressed downwards, the position of the magnet will also change. The sensor measures this change without any mechanical contact to the button and the information is send via a micro-controller to a gold-plated relay, which then does the actual audio signal switching.
The advantages of “MagTraB” footswitches:
- MapTraB buttons are as good as indestructible! “MagTraB” delivers an almost infinite number of switching cycles – many, many millions!
- No annoying, mechanical switch clicks! Instead, the “MagTraB” push-buttons switch very smooth and silently!
You can choose if the pedal powers up in “on” or “bypass” state.
To change the state:
Step 1: Unplug the power supply cable.
Step 2: Hold down on/off “MagTraB” button.
Step 3: Plug in again the power supply cable.
Step 4: Release on/off “MagTraB”” button.
DONE! The next time your pedal powers up it will automatically start in the other state.
- Unique MagTraB switching technology
- Optical compression using on photocell
- Toggle switch to select “Parallel” or classic “Serial” compression mode
- LED indicates dynamic processing by its brightness
- Internal switch for “true bypass” or “buffered bypass”
- LED indicator for “Buffered Bypass On”
- Absolut linear frequency response
- Low noise circuit
- Perfectly suited also for bass and acoustic guitar!
- Input impedance: 1M Ohms
- Output impedance: 100 Ohms
- Current consumption: 40mA
- This pedal requires an external regulated 9V power supply (not included), polarity: positiv@ring / negative@tip
- Dimensions: 115mm x 70mm x 48mm
- Weight: 240g
- Handmade in Germany