Vahlbruch KALUNA : High Voltage Tube Driv
The Vahlbruch KALUNA is a new and completely original design featuring an ECC83/12AX7 tube that is 100% pure analog tone! Operating at 250 volts, the dual triode tube circuit is powered by your standard 9V power supply, producing this very particular sweet harmonic content, overdrive clarity, fast pick attack response and complex compression, that we all love from cranked tube amps. The KALUNA is a super versatile, intuitive drive pedal with an extremely open sound that’s transparent with great dynamics. The gain characteristics from the KALUNA are organic and three dimensional, delivering mild breakup to creamy saturation.
The KALUNA’s unique circuit bears extraordinary touch sensitivity. Every musical nuance generated from your picking attack is exactly reproduced. The post tube, three band tone controls are extremely responsive, which is perfect for tailoring your tone to your specific gear and sound.
The Vahlbruch KALUNA tube pedal definitely sounds different compared to solid state pedals and with its great clarity it will never mask the natural sound of your guitar and amplifier.
This pedal is equipped with my unique Magnetic Transducer Button = “MagTraB” switching technology:Inside the button a magnet is integrated which position is measured by a sensor on the circuit board. If the button is now moved, e.g. if it is pressed downwards, the position of the magnet will also change. The sensor measures this change without any mechanical contact to the button and the information is send via a micro-controller to a gold-plated relay, which then does the actual audio signal switching. The advantages:
- MagTraB buttons are as good as indestructible!
MagTraB delivers an almost infinite number of switching cycles – many, many millions!
- No annoying, mechanical switch clicks!
Instead, the “MagTraB” push-buttons switch very smooth and quiet!
In only 4 steps you can choose if the pedal powers up in “true bypass” or “on”-mode:Step 1: Disconnect the power supply.
Step 2: Hold down the “MagTraB” button.
Step 3: Reconnnect the power supply, while remain pressing the “MagTraB” button.
Step 4: Release the “MagTraB” button.
In order to undo the programming, simply repeat the steps 1-4. The next time your pedal powers up, it will automatically start in “on” in “true bypass” mode, just depending on what you have stored.
- Sturdy and unique “MagTraB” switching technology
- New and completely original design featuring a ECC83/12AX7 tube that is 100% pure analog tone!
- The tube operating voltage of 250 volts is generated inside the pedal from your standard 9V power line.
- Intuitive DRIVE and VOLUME controls
- Extremely responsive, post tube, three band tone controls providing a boost/cut range of +/- 12dB
- The EQ is perfect for tailoring your tone to your specific gear and sound
- Input impedance: 1.0M Ohms, output impedance: 100 Ohms
- Current consumption: 500mA
- Dimensions: 120mm x 100mm x 48mm
- Weight: 375g
- Handmade in Germany
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping. We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA. Returns
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so we offer a 48 hour approval period on most purchases (see exclusions below). The 48 hour approval period begins when your purchased item is delivered to your door. If after 48 hours you’re not happy with the item, just contact us via phone, email or live chat on our website to arrange for a return authorization (RA#) and return shipping instructions. Any package sent back without prior authorization will be refused.
Returns must be shipped back to us within two days of the RA being issued. Items must come back to us undamaged and in the same condition they were shipped out. All manuals, paperwork, cables, tremolo arms, wrenches, etc… must be included or full credit will not be issued. Any items not conforming to this policy will be subject (at our discretion) to a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
Refunds will be issued minus all related shipping expenses, if free shipping was initially given, the cost we incurred to get the item to you will be deducted from your refund. A 10% restock fee will also be deducted from your refund. Restock fees will be waived for full value exchanges.
Here are exceptions to our return policy.
- Custom orders of any kind are non returnable and non refundable. We often charge a deposit before we will place a custom or special order. All special order deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, no exceptions.
- Microphones, Harmonicas, In-Ear Systems and any other items that come into contact with your mouth or ears.
- Items labeled as BLOWOUT, are non-returnable. These are often being sold below cost and are considered “all sales final”.
- Software (this may also include hardware that includes software), unless still in shrink wrap with barcode affixed.
- Guitar strings, blank media, and other disposable merchandise.
- Guitar or bass pickups that have been installed or used in any way.
- Any item advertised as “USED” is non returnable.
*Payments for music lessons are non refundable, no exceptions.
View our detailed Return Policy here. Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order. Damaged Merchandise
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.