The “Phaser” is an analog, hand-build, highly versatile modulation effect pedal and one of the finest studio quality phaser pedals in existence. It`s a script logo phaser on steroids! Same legendary sound, very, very lush but with more controls and low noise! In a minute the famous “4-stage phase swirl” can be adjusted but also “Univibe” or “Leslie” like tones can be easily tweaked. It`s a very transparent pedal with an organic tone you will love. Compared to vintage units the Vahlbruch “Phaser” has plenty of useful controls. The “Speed” and “Depth” knobs offer a huge variety of different phasing sounds. A constantly flashing LED indicates the modulation rate. The pedal output level can be adjusted using the “Volume” control. For an especially deep and homogenous modulation curve only handselected new-old-stock (NOS) transistors are used for phase shifting! A toggle switch allows either “Phaser” or “Vibrato” (kill dry) mode. Kill dry can be particulary interesting for the use in parallel effect loops or stereo setups, where the phaser is used in only one of the stereo channels.
This pedal is equipped with our unique “MagTraB” switching technology:
Inside the button a magnet is integrated which position is measured by a sensor on the circuit board. If the button is now moved, e.g. if it is pressed downwards, the position of the magnet will also change. The sensor measures this change without any mechanical contact to the button and the information is send via a micro-controller to a gold-plated relay, which then does the actual audio signal switching.
The advantages of “MagTraB” footswitches:
- MapTraB buttons are as good as indestructible! “MagTraB” delivers an almost infinite number of switching cycles – many, many millions!
- No annoying, mechanical switch clicks! Instead, the “MagTraB” push-buttons switch very smooth and silently!
You can choose if the pedal powers up in “on” or “bypass” state.
To change the state:
Step 1: Unplug the power supply cable.
Step 2: Hold down on/off “MagTraB” button.
Step 3: Plug in again the power supply cable.
Step 4: Release on/off “MagTraB”” button.
DONE! The next time your pedal powers up it will automatically start in the other state.
- Unique MagTraB switching technology
- Hand-selected NOS transistors for a deep and homogenous modulation curve
- “Volume” knob controls the pedal volume and can also boost the output
- “Speed” regulates the modulation rate
- “Depth” can be used to adjust the depth of the modulation
- Toggle switch to select “Phaser” or “Vibrato” (kill dry) sounds
- Continously pulsating LED indicates the speed of modulation
- Input impedance: 1M Ohms
- Output impedance: 100 Ohms
- Current consumption: 40mA
- This pedal requires an external regulated 9V power supply (not included), polarity: positiv@ring / negative@tip
- Dimensions: 115mm x 70mm x 48mm
- Weight: 240g
- Handmade in Germany