The “Phaser” is an analog, hand-build, highly versatile modulation effect pedal and one of the finest studio quality phaser pedals in existence. It`s a script logo phaser on steroids! Same legendary sound, very, very lush but with more controls and low noise! In a minute the famous “4-stage phase swirl” can be adjusted but also “Univibe” or “Leslie” like tones can be easily tweaked. It`s a very transparent pedal with an organic tone you will love. Compared to vintage units the Vahlbruch “Phaser” has plenty of useful controls. The “Speed” and “Depth” knobs offer a huge variety of different phasing sounds. A constantly flashing LED indicates the modulation rate. The pedal output level can be adjusted using the “Volume” control. For an especially deep and homogenous modulation curve only handselected new-old-stock (NOS) transistors are used for phase shifting! A toggle switch allows either “Phaser” or “Vibrato” (kill dry) mode. Kill dry can be particulary interesting for the use in parallel effect loops or stereo setups, where the phaser is used in only one of the stereo channels.
This pedal is equipped with our unique “MagTraB” switching technology:
Inside the button a magnet is integrated which position is measured by a sensor on the circuit board. If the button is now moved, e.g. if it is pressed downwards, the position of the magnet will also change. The sensor measures this change without any mechanical contact to the button and the information is send via a micro-controller to a gold-plated relay, which then does the actual audio signal switching.
The advantages of “MagTraB” footswitches:
- MapTraB buttons are as good as indestructible! “MagTraB” delivers an almost infinite number of switching cycles – many, many millions!
- No annoying, mechanical switch clicks! Instead, the “MagTraB” push-buttons switch very smooth and silently!
You can choose if the pedal powers up in “on” or “bypass” state.
To change the state:
Step 1: Unplug the power supply cable.
Step 2: Hold down on/off “MagTraB” button.
Step 3: Plug in again the power supply cable.
Step 4: Release on/off “MagTraB”” button.
DONE! The next time your pedal powers up it will automatically start in the other state.
- Unique MagTraB switching technology
- Hand-selected NOS transistors for a deep and homogenous modulation curve
- “Volume” knob controls the pedal volume and can also boost the output
- “Speed” regulates the modulation rate
- “Depth” can be used to adjust the depth of the modulation
- Toggle switch to select “Phaser” or “Vibrato” (kill dry) sounds
- Continously pulsating LED indicates the speed of modulation
- Input impedance: 1M Ohms
- Output impedance: 100 Ohms
- Current consumption: 40mA
- This pedal requires an external regulated 9V power supply (not included), polarity: positiv@ring / negative@tip
- Dimensions: 115mm x 70mm x 48mm
- Weight: 240g
- Handmade in Germany
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping. We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA. Returns
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so we offer a 48 hour approval period on most purchases (see exclusions below). The 48 hour approval period begins when your purchased item is delivered to your door. If after 48 hours you’re not happy with the item, just contact us via phone, email or live chat on our website to arrange for a return authorization (RA#) and return shipping instructions. Any package sent back without prior authorization will be refused.
Returns must be shipped back to us within two days of the RA being issued. Items must come back to us undamaged and in the same condition they were shipped out. All manuals, paperwork, cables, tremolo arms, wrenches, etc… must be included or full credit will not be issued. Any items not conforming to this policy will be subject (at our discretion) to a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
Refunds will be issued minus all related shipping expenses, if free shipping was initially given, the cost we incurred to get the item to you will be deducted from your refund. A 10% restock fee will also be deducted from your refund. Restock fees will be waived for full value exchanges.
Here are exceptions to our return policy.
- Custom orders of any kind are non returnable and non refundable. We often charge a deposit before we will place a custom or special order. All special order deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, no exceptions.
- Microphones, Harmonicas, In-Ear Systems and any other items that come into contact with your mouth or ears.
- Items labeled as BLOWOUT, are non-returnable. These are often being sold below cost and are considered “all sales final”.
- Software (this may also include hardware that includes software), unless still in shrink wrap with barcode affixed.
- Guitar strings, blank media, and other disposable merchandise.
- Guitar or bass pickups that have been installed or used in any way.
- Any item advertised as “USED” is non returnable.
*Payments for music lessons are non refundable, no exceptions.
View our detailed Return Policy here. Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order. Damaged Merchandise
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.