This is a used pedal. It has been tested and gone over by the experts at our shop to ensure it’s working properly and is free of issues, unless otherwise noted in this listing. Please see pictures provided and the notes below for condition and wear. It will be packed with care to be shipped to your door! If you have any questions about this or any other piece of gear we have, please let us know and we’ll be happy to help!
– Condition: 9/10
– Any wear of note: No real wear of note! Pedal is in overall really amazing shape and full working order! Includes original box and pictured packaging.
From JHS Pedals:
UNI-VIBE* / VIBRATO
In 2015 we brought you the Unicorn V1, the world’s first bulb-driven photocell modulator with tap tempo, the JHS Uni-Vibe. As of Spring 2018, we are proud to bring you the Unicorn V2!
Pink Floyd’s “Breathe,” Jimi Hendrix’s live Woodstock performance of “The Star-Spangled Banner,” and Robin Trower’s “Bridge of Sighs” cemented the sound of a photocell-based vibe effect as an electric guitar standard. The JHS Pedals Unicorn is our version of this heralded effect, continuing the inspiring modulation/phasing/rotary sounds that never fail to push musical boundaries. And just like the originals, we included a toggle for choosing between a Uni-Vibe* effect and a traditional vibrato setting. What sets Unicorn apart from all other vibe-style circuits is that it is the first-ever fully analog, photocell-based vibe with tap tempo as well as ratio, external tap control, and external rate control via expression pedal (optional). And the Unicorn does it all with only four knobs and a mini-toggle switch. In a day and age when everything has been seen and done, we bring you the first-ever, 100% analog vibe photocell modulator with onboard tap tempo. You’re welcome.
SOUNDS AS GOOD AS YOU REMEMBER
The Unicorn is bursting with all the lush and washy pulsations that changed what the electric guitar could sound like in the 1960s. And this is no digital emulation. The Unicorn sports the real-deal, analog photocell topology of the original units.
– Sounds like the original because it’s built like the original
– All-analog signal path delivers a warm, touch-sensitive tone
– Dry/Wet toggle selects between a Uni-Vibe* and vibrato effect
IN-DEPTH TEMPO CONTROL
There are other analog vibe pedals and there are pedals with tap-tempo control, but– if you’ll indulge us in a brief humble brag –the JHS Unicorn is the first to put ‘em together. Add optional external speed control and a ratio knob that determines the rhythmic subdivisions (or as we like to say, how much fairy dust enters into the flux capacitor of the Unicorn) and you have one of the most versatile vibe pedals on the market.
– Control the rate of the effect with the Speed knob or onboard tap-tempo footswitch
– Want quarter note, dotted eighth, or triplet rhythms? They’re all found on the Ratio knob
– LED indicator notifies you of the effect’s tempo, even when disengaged
EXTERNAL TEMPO AND EXPRESSION CONTROL
But wait, there’s more! One of the things that makes the vintage Shin-ei* Uni-Vibes* so desirable is your ability to control the effect’s rate in real time with an external expression pedal. How could we not include that!? And to go one step further, you can slave the pedal to other tap-controlled pedals for rhythmic consistency across all your effects.
– Internal Tap/Expression mini switch controls the side-mounted Tap/Exp TRS jack
– Expression pedal control of the Unicorn’s rate in the Exp setting
– Use an external source to control the rate in the Tap Out setting (which coincidentally works great with our Panther Cub Delay and Emperor Chorus pedals)
COULDN’T BE EASIER TO USE
One of the things we’re most proud of with the Unicorn Uni-vibe* Photocell Modulator is how easy it is to dial up the exact pulse of a mystical Unicorn running across a field of 4-leaf clovers…but only if you dare.
– Four knobs and a mini toggle are all you need for a world of syrupy, modulated tones
– Left two controls are your tone, right two controls are your speed, toggle is your effect. It’s that simple.
V1 = Larger enclosure.
V2 = Smaller enclosure.
THIS PEDAL REQUIRES STANDARD 9V DC CENTER NEGATIVE POWER, CONSUMES 100MA, AND MEASURES 2.2” X 4.8″ X 1.6″.