This is a used pedal. The item pictured is the one you will receive. It has been tested and gone over by the experts at our shop to ensure it’s working properly and is free of issues, unless otherwise noted in this listing. Please see pictures provided and the notes below for condition and wear. It will be packed with care to be shipped to your door! If you have any questions about this or any other piece of gear we have, please let us know and we’ll be happy to help!
– Condition: 8.5/10
– Any wear of note: Shows light, very minor signs of wear. In full working order and includes original box and instruction card.
From Lovepedal/Hermida Audio:
HERMIDA AUDIO TECHNOLOGY DOVER DRIVE
Dover Drive, inspired by the tube-driven B.K. Butler and Chandler Tube Driver pedals that have powered everything from David Gilmour’s late-model stadium sound to J Mascis’s power jangle to Eric Johnson’s violin-like tone. The Dover Drive’s tube-free design might mean it can’t deliver all the magic of an original Tube Driver, but it’s got a unique vibe, and is a killer all-around pedal that covers everything from mild overdrive to Fuzz Face-like assault. And while the name might imply that the pedal is based on Johnson’s iconic “Cliffs of Dover” tone, Hermida says he sought inspiration from the guitar sound on Johnson’s “Righteous.” But focusing exclusively on Eric Johnson-like attributes overlooks that fact that the Dover Drive is a touch-responsive, dynamic, and wide-ranging overdrive suitable for any player who loves transitioning from “smooth” to “growl.”
– Classic, touch sensitive, soaring leads b/w of chunky and pounding rhythm tones
– Internal bias control trim pot
– True Bypass switching, making sure your signal is preserved when the effect is off
– 9VDC, center negative adapter or 9V battery / Current draw 10mA
– Made in USA Controls:
- Volume – Controls the overall output of the effect. There’s a lot of it on tap too. You’ll find unity gain between the effected and bypassed signal around 8:00-9:00.
- Gain – Controls the distortion amount of the effect. Around 9:00 is good for a nice, bluesy rhythm. 1:00 and up starts to add sustain for leads, while remaining smooth and dynamic.
- Tone – Single band EQ will add or subtract presence to the effected signal. Rolling back around 10:00 will give a darker, rounder sound, while moving around 2:00 will add clarity.
- Bias Control – If you unscrew the the back of your Dover Drive, you’ll find a tiny trim pot toward the upper left of the board. Using a small flathead screwdriver, you are able to adjust the bias control of the effect. Turning it to the left will give it a starved, sharp attack with a charmingly, spitty quality to it. Turning it to the right will open it up more while smoothing out the decay and thus, offering more sustain.
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping. We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA. Returns
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so we offer a 48 hour approval period on most purchases (see exclusions below). The 48 hour approval period begins when your purchased item is delivered to your door. If after 48 hours you’re not happy with the item, just contact us via phone, email or live chat on our website to arrange for a return authorization (RA#) and return shipping instructions. Any package sent back without prior authorization will be refused.
Returns must be shipped back to us within two days of the RA being issued. Items must come back to us undamaged and in the same condition they were shipped out. All manuals, paperwork, cables, tremolo arms, wrenches, etc… must be included or full credit will not be issued. Any items not conforming to this policy will be subject (at our discretion) to a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
Refunds will be issued minus all related shipping expenses, if free shipping was initially given, the cost we incurred to get the item to you will be deducted from your refund. A 10% restock fee will also be deducted from your refund. Restock fees will be waived for full value exchanges.
Here are exceptions to our return policy.
- Custom orders of any kind are non returnable and non refundable. We often charge a deposit before we will place a custom or special order. All special order deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, no exceptions.
- Microphones, Harmonicas, In-Ear Systems and any other items that come into contact with your mouth or ears.
- Items labeled as BLOWOUT, are non-returnable. These are often being sold below cost and are considered “all sales final”.
- Software (this may also include hardware that includes software), unless still in shrink wrap with barcode affixed.
- Guitar strings, blank media, and other disposable merchandise.
- Guitar or bass pickups that have been installed or used in any way.
- Any item advertised as “USED” is non returnable.
*Payments for music lessons are non refundable, no exceptions.
View our detailed Return Policy here. Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order. Damaged Merchandise
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.