This is a used amp. It has been tested and gone over by the experts at our shop to ensure it’s working properly and is free of issues, unless otherwise noted in this listing. Please see pictures provided and the notes below for condition and wear. It will be packed with care to be shipped to your door! If you have any questions about this or any other piece of gear we have, please let us know and we’ll be happy to help!
– Condition: 9.5/10
– Any wear of note: None! In really incredible shape.
Our thoughts on the amp…
– We love Friedman amps because they’re built incredibly well and just sound amazing…. the Runt series is no exception. It has such a classic sound all around that’s geared for so many different genres. The gain and cleans both sound amazing, which is so difficult to find in amps of this type. It’s loaded with features that are super useable and sought after. Like the direct out XLR jack for going right to the PA (not a load box) for easy live use to avoid using a mic on your cab. The direct out also has features within it (on the back panel) to help dial in your live tone. Really just a sweet sounding amp with frills where it counts. Comes shipped in the original box with footswitch, IEC cable and footswitch cable.
2 Channel – 50 Watts;
The Runt-50 is a 50-watt all tube head that delivers Friedman’s legendary tone in a versatile 2-channel amp. The Runt-50 power section is driven by two EL-34s, with four 12AX7s in the preamp. The American-inspired clean channel features volume, bass, treble, and a three-position bright switch that delivers anything from pristine cleans to a slightly broken-up blues/country tone.
The heart and soul of the Runt-50 is the overdrive channel, which will take you from classic rock to all-out assault. Use the Boost switch and Gain knob to dial in the perfect amount of overdrive. A global presence control shapes the high-frequency response of the Runts power section.
The Runt delivers the tight bottom end and midrange that is typically only found in much higher-wattage amps by utilizing custom transformers and the cleanest signal path possible. The Runt is ideal for many styles of music from blues to classic rock and heavy metal by merely adjusting the gain and master controls.
Plugging into the Runt, you will instantly notice the harmonically rich detailed chords and resonating single note lines. This amp cleans up exceptionally well with the guitar’s volume knob, even with the amp on higher gain settings.
This is the first amp Dave Friedman has ever made with a cab-simulated XLR output. Comparing this analog circuit to some of the most intricate computer-based IRs, Dave achieved a direct output you can proudly send to front of house or use in the studio. The XLR output includes a ground-lift, level, and center/edge of speaker cone simulation switches.
This Runt was designed to take pedals well and loves boosts, ODs, phasers, flangers, tremolos, and wahs. The ultra-transparent no tone loss, buffered, series effects loop takes time-based effects pedals and rack units equally well. The head cabinet features beautiful black Tolex, with Baltic birch construction, and is built to withstand the rigors of the road.
RUNT-50 HEAD AT A GLANCE:
- Rich, sparkling American-style clean channel
- Overdrive channel delivers legendary Friedman lead tone
- XLR Cabinet Simulated Output
- Ultra-transparent, buffered, series effects loop