This is a used guitar. The item pictured is the one you will receive. It has been tested and gone over by the experts at our shop. When a guitar is purchased from us it undergoes a final setup before shipping to ensure it’s playing optimally. It is then packed with care and shipped to your door! If you have any questions about this or any other piece of gear we have, please let us know and we’ll be happy to help!
– Condition: 8/10
– Fret wear: The frets have been crowned and dressed at some point, so they’re on the lower side. But they feel great and still have plenty of life. There’s some very light divots in the first position on the higher strings but no buzzing as a result of that wear. There’s some light buzzing on the A and low E strings, but nothing too bad and nothing fretting or choking out! Playing pretty clean overall!
– Any wear of note: Extremely light swirling on top finish (Very standard wear for a used guitar. Can happen from simply being wiped/cleaned with a cloth). Only visible in certain light and very minor. There’s a few light dings near the jack plate and off to the side, as well as a somewhat larger ding below the smaller ones. There’s some wear on the back of the neck from the 1st to the 5th fret. There’s also some light scratching in the tummy cut that’s kind of hard to see until close inspection. And there’s a very small finish crack in one side of the neck pocket. But still in over all amazing shape! It currently has GraphTech saddles on it as well but the originals are included, along with a gig bag and the tremolo arm.
JIMMIE VAUGHAN TEX-MEX STRAT
TEXAS BLUES, VAUGHAN STYLE
One of the great names in Texas blues, Jimmie Vaughan has always wielded a Stratocaster® with masterful voice and feel. His signature model, the Jimmie Vaughan Tex-Mex Strat, gives you masterful voice and feel, too, with an original-era Stratocaster look and some special hot-rodded Vaughan modifications that make it a fiery performer with a distinctive touch of Tejano vibe.
- Tinted maple neck with “soft V” profile
- 9.5″-radius maple fingerboard with 21 medium jumbo frets
- Tex-Mex single-coil neck and middle pickups (no tone control on middle pickup)
- Extra-hot Tex-Mex single-coil bridge pickup
- Five-way pickup switch
- Single-ply white pickguard
“SOFT V” NECK PROFILE
The special “soft V” neck profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) on the Jimmie Vaughan Tex-Mex Strat is sculpted to Vaughan’s own exacting specs, with a distinctly comfortable fretting-hand feel that takes the more pronounced sharpness of a ’50s “V” profile and “softens” it into a somewhat more rounded shape.
The Tex-Mex single-coil pickups on this guitar are over-wound for tight, clear bass, sparkling high end and maximum output ideal for everything from soaring clean tone to earthy Texas grit.
“WIDE-OPEN” MIDDLE PICKUP
As specified by Vaughan himself, the middle pickup on his signature model is “wide-open,” meaning that it’s unaffected by the tone control knobs.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Soft “V”
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (64.77 cm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5″ (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width:1.650″ (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Bridge Pickup: Tex-Mex™ “Hot Bridge” Single-Coil Strat®
- Middle Pickup: Tex-Mex™ Single-Coil Strat®
- Neck Pickup: Tex-Mex™ Single-Coil Strat®
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Switching5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Switch Tip: White
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Other Features: Special Soft “V” Shape Neck, Fender®;/Schaller®; Middle Pickup is “Wide Open” With No Tone Control, Jimmy Vaughan Signature on Back of Headstock