This is a used guitar. The item pictured is the one you will receive. It has been tested and gone over by the experts at our shop. When a guitar is purchased from us it undergoes a final setup before shipping to ensure it’s playing optimally. It is then packed with care and shipped to your door! If you have any questions about this or any other piece of gear we have, please let us know and we’ll be happy to help!
– Condition: 8.5/10
– Fret wear: 8.5/10 – a small bit of wear in the first few positions but PLENTY of life left. Typical wear for a year old guitar.
– Any wear of note: Overall in great shape and really well maintained. It does have a few small dings/dents as well as one bigger one on the bottom side. A few small bits on the headstock too but the guitar overall looks great and is 100% structurally solid! The bridge pickup was swapped to a Tom Anderson HC3+. (original is not included)
Original Charvel hardshell gig bag
Harkening back to the late ’80s when Charvel® guitars were manufactured exclusively in Japan, we introduce the all-new MJ Series DK24 HSH 2PT E Mahogany with Figured Walnut. Attentively crafted in Japan and exquisite in style, the MJ Series blends Charvel’s unparalleled legacy of designing high-performance instruments with an assortment of top-end features.
The MJ DK24 HSH 2PT E Mahogany with Figured Walnut lies at the intersection of immaculate style and unmatched performance. The mahogany Dinky™ body with figured walnut top in a Natural finish shows off the distinguished wood grain and produces a punchy tone and solid high-end response with a touch of brightened treble. The scalloped lower back bout and sculpted shredder’s cut heel have been engineered for comfortable upper fret access and lead playing. The bolt-on wenge neck features graphite reinforcement for rock-solid stability, hand-rubbed oil finish on the back for smooth playability and heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel for quick and easy neck relief tweaks. Its 12”-16” compound radius streaky ebony fingerboard ups the style ante and features 24 jumbo frets, pearl dot inlays and Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL nut.
An HSH pickup configuration consisting of a custom Seymour Duncan® Full Shred™ SH-10B humbucking bridge pickup, Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat® SSL-6 middle pickup and custom Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro™ APH-1N humbucking neck pickup delivers focused humbucker tone with a nicely balanced treble and bass response and backed off midrange, along with a sparkly vintage snap.
This exquisite DK24 model’s other premium features include a five-way blade switch, dome-style knobs for no-load tone control and volume control, Gotoh® Custom 510 recessed tremolo bridge, Charvel-branded Gotoh die-cast locking tuners and distinguished gold hardware.
- Series: MJ
- Color: Natural
- Body Finish: Satin
- Body Shape: Dinky
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Top: Figured Walnut
- Neck Material: Wenge
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Oil
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck with Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Neck Binding: None – Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Scale Length: 25.5″
- Fingerboard Radius: 12″-16″ Compound Radius
- Fingerboard Material: Streaky Ebony
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech TUSQ XL
- Nut Width: 1.6875″
- Position Inlays: Pearl Dot
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Headstock: Licensed Fender Stratocaster
- Neck Plate: None – 4-Bolt Sculpted Heel
- Bridge Pickup: Tom Anderson HC3+
- Middle Pickup: Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 Single Coil
- Neck Pickup: Custom Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro APH-1N
- Pickup Color: Black
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge Inner Coil and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Bridge Inner Coil and Neck Inner Coil Pickup, Position 4. Neck Outer Coil and Middle Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Gotoh Custom 510 Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Tremolo Arm: Gotoh
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Die-Cast Locking
- Pickguard: None
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Switch Tip: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Strap Buttons: Dunlop Dual-Locking