This is a used amp. It has been tested and gone over by the experts at our shop to ensure it’s working properly and is free of issues, unless otherwise noted in this listing. Please see pictures provided and the notes below for condition and wear. It will be packed with care to be shipped to your door! If you have any questions about this or any other piece of gear we have, please let us know and we’ll be happy to help!
– Condition: 7.5/10
– Any wear of note: There’s a spot in the back top corner where the tolex has been reglued. There’s also a spot on a bottom corner where there’s a tolex rip and wood dent and a white scuff. But it’s in perfect working order and in overall amazing shape besides the issues mentioned above.
From Carr Amplifications:
Sportsman: A sonic road trip from Nashville to Texas!
We know those sounds from countless guitar-driven hits of the ’50s and ’60s, laced with everything from toothy, biting twang to snappy, glassy chime enabled by those classic Fullteron amps’ transition from tweed to blackface. The Carr Sportsman captures it all in one versatile and eminently playable package, exuding tones so sweet you can stop turning back to tweak and just let your calloused fingertips dig in and enjoy.
While fusing the purity and clarity of an American reverb amp of the mid ’60s with the more aggressive dual-6V6 output stage of the late ’50s, Carr extends the Sportsman’s vocabulary with a fully usable Volume control, a wide-ranging Mid knob, and a Headroom control—the secret weapon that helps you bridge the decades. With the bonus of Carr’s delectable tube-driven, long-spring reverb, the full package makes for a lot of sonic splendor at your beck and call.
Rarely does one 19-watt, single-channel, 1×12″ combo do so many things so well, but the Sportsman’s sonic purity and the chameleon-like capabilities of its control complement merge for a ton of versatility. From scooped rust-belt funk and R&B cleans, to stinging edge-of-breakup Chicago blues, to snarling Tex-Mex grind, and even a nod toward trans-Atlantic crunch and wail, it’s all there with just the twist of a few simple controls.
Of course, Carr’s next-level design and high-quality construction help to squeeze maximum sonic juice from the Sportsman, too. The circuit is fully hand-wired, point-to-point in the Carr tradition, using high-end and military grade components to ensure unprecedented signal clarity. Coupled with a hand-crafted, Birch multi-ply combo cabinet and ’70s style fixed speaker baffle for optimal resonance and character, the total package results in an expressive amp with utterly playable dynamics.
The Sportsman — pulling no punches on a bold sonic frontier.
- Dual 6V6, class A, partial fixed bias
- 16 watts clean, 19 watts maxed
- Lush, all tube reverb with long spring tank
- Mid control with extended range
- Variable Headroom control
- Compact size
- Birch multi-ply cabinet
- Available in 1×12 combo
- Wonderful all-around amplifier
- Construction: Hand wired point-to-point in the USA
- Components: Custom USA made transformers, Solen Fast Cap Film Power Supply, Mallory 150M signal capacitors, Carbon Comp resistors, and more
- Power: 19 watts
- Channels: One
- Tubes: two 12AX7, two 12AT7, two 6V6GT
- Controls: Volume, Treble, Mid, Bass, Reverb, Headroom
- Switches: On/off, Standby
- Features: All-tube long-spring reverb, 8-Ohm speaker out
- Cabinet: Hand-crafted from Birch multi-ply and uniquely styled
- Speakers: Eminence Red White & Blues 12″
- Weight & Dimensions: 1×12″ combo 21″ (W) x 17.75″ (H) x 9″ (D), 40 lbs
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping. We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA. Returns
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so we offer a 48 hour approval period on most purchases (see exclusions below). The 48 hour approval period begins when your purchased item is delivered to your door. If after 48 hours you’re not happy with the item, just contact us via phone, email or live chat on our website to arrange for a return authorization (RA#) and return shipping instructions. Any package sent back without prior authorization will be refused.
Returns must be shipped back to us within two days of the RA being issued. Items must come back to us undamaged and in the same condition they were shipped out. All manuals, paperwork, cables, tremolo arms, wrenches, etc… must be included or full credit will not be issued. Any items not conforming to this policy will be subject (at our discretion) to a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
Refunds will be issued minus all related shipping expenses, if free shipping was initially given, the cost we incurred to get the item to you will be deducted from your refund. A 10% restock fee will also be deducted from your refund. Restock fees will be waived for full value exchanges.
Here are exceptions to our return policy.
- Custom orders of any kind are non returnable and non refundable. We often charge a deposit before we will place a custom or special order. All special order deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, no exceptions.
- Microphones, Harmonicas, In-Ear Systems and any other items that come into contact with your mouth or ears.
- Items labeled as BLOWOUT, are non-returnable. These are often being sold below cost and are considered “all sales final”.
- Software (this may also include hardware that includes software), unless still in shrink wrap with barcode affixed.
- Guitar strings, blank media, and other disposable merchandise.
- Guitar or bass pickups that have been installed or used in any way.
- Any item advertised as “USED” is non returnable.
*Payments for music lessons are non refundable, no exceptions.
View our detailed Return Policy here. Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order. Damaged Merchandise
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.