This is a used guitar. The item pictured is the one you will receive. It has been tested and gone over by the experts at our shop. When a guitar is purchased from us it undergoes a final setup before shipping to ensure it’s playing optimally. It is then packed with care and shipped to your door! If you have any questions about this or any other piece of gear we have, please let us know and we’ll be happy to help!
– Condition: 9/10
– Fret wear: None
– Any wear of note: This guitar was in our new stock but was dinged while on the floor and is now being sold as used. So there’s a very light minor ding on the top near the cutaway but in like new condition besides that! It was never purchased or customer owned!
– Other notes: This is a really incredible guitar. The quality and craftsmanship of Alvarez is unparalleled for the cost of their instruments, and this guitar is no exception. It’s so well built and sturdy yet extremely resonant and woody sounding. It fingerpicks just as well as it flat-picks too. It’s just a straight up amazing guitar! To top it all off, it has the added bonus of an LR Baggs Element pickup with their StagePro EQ active preamp. There’s even a built in tuner in the preamp, so you’re stage ready and can trust you’ll get an amazing sound to front of house!
Artist Elite, Dreadnought
The ADE90CEAR is a serious dreadnought with great character and a killer tone. Its AA North American, solid Sitka spruce top and Macassar ebony body give you lots of volume and low-end with super clear trebles. Aesthetically, the guitar oozes quality from its premium tonewoods, LR Baggs electronics and its ebony bevel armrest. This is a stunning guitar with a high-end vibe and big voice.
About Artist Elite
In conceptualizing Artist Elite, our goal was to produce a collection of guitars beyond comparison. This incredible line of guitars is the culmination of years of R&D that allow us to develop custom style instruments from amazing tonewoods with a truly radiant vibe. Artist Elite guitars look amazing, sound rich and offer a level of fit and finish rarely attainable at such price points.
Master Luthiers around the world have been crafting bevel-edged armrest guitars for many years. The feature makes the guitar more comfortable to play while adding a finesse to the instrument, allowing the maker to engage their skill and craftsmanship.
After 55 years of making guitars, continual improvement through the use of emerging technologies, processes, and materials is still at the heart of our culture. Alvarez guitars are constructed correctly in every sense, from raw material preparation to construction and manufacturing processes.
Our tonewoods are carefully cured; our components such as neck blocks and wood joints are carefully designed. The painting, sanding and polishing techniques we use are continually researched and developed, and our tone is impeccably crafted and married to a stable, consistent and lively soundbox.
The term “solid top” refers to the guitar’s soundboard being made of solid wood rather than laminates. However, even when the guitar top is made of solid wood, the tone of the instrument only improves significantly when the whole guitar is built correctly to optimize the energy a solid soundboard can generate. Artist Series is built to do exactly this.
Each model is designed to get the best out of its components, and for them to work together to produce balance, lively projection and great response. These components include our FS6 bracing design, which allows the soundbox to sing and brings uniformity across Dreadnought, Grand Auditorium, OM and Parlor body sizes. This means the voicing has a similar character, but the individual tone is more purely influenced by the size and shape of the guitar.
Our bi-level bridge is designed to heighten string tension and improve sustain and response. Real bone nut and saddle, premium tonewoods, and our crafted attenuated finish all further the quality of construction and positively impact the performance of the instrument. The personality and voicing of Artist Series is open, dynamic and instantly responsive.
This caring approach to development comes from one simple goal: To deliver the best guitars in the market at every price point, instruments that are truly amazing value and offer a fantastic player experience.
- Top Wood: Solid AA Sitka Spruce
- Body Finish: Natural/Gloss
- Back and Sides Wood: Macassar Ebony
- Armrest: Ebony
- Shape: Dreadnought
- Neck: Mahogany, 50/50 Semi-Gloss Finish
- Bridge: Bi-Level Indian Laurel/Rosewood
- Inlays: Paua Abalone & Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel/Rosewood w/ 12th Fret Inlay
- Nut and Saddle: Real Bone
- Tuner: Premium Chrome Die Cast
- Binding: Ebony
- Bridge Pins: PPS
- Strings: D’Addario EXP16
- Bracing Systems: FS6 Forward Shifted, Tapered Tone Bars
- Neck Joint: Dovetail
- Neck Meets Body: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets: 21
- Pickup / EQ: LR Baggs StagePro EQ and Element Pick Up
- Overall Length (mm): 1042
- Body Width (mm): 395
- Body Depth at Heel (mm): 100
- Body Depth at Base (mm): 124
- Scale (mm): 648
- Scale (inches): 25 1/2
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut Width (mm): 44.45
- Nut Width (inches): 1 3/4