From Tone King:
The Tone King Sky King 1 x 12” 35W combo electric guitar amplifier sings with the definitively American tones of the 1950s and ‘60s. This amp’s dual onboard channels – rhythm and lead – are voiced around the glassy elegance of blackface-style designs and the unmistakable warm bark of the tweed-covered titans. Give the lead channel’s Mid-Bite control a spin, and you’ll even find tighter sounds reminiscent of some equally iconic amps from across the pond.
Flip the Sky King around and you’re able to further enhance the amplifier’s inherent character. You’ll find a mode switch that selects between pentode and ultralinear performance on both channels. Pentode offers familiar clarity and transients, while ultralinear allows the amp to sag and react to every note you play. Just like our other esteemed designs, the Sky King also boasts not one, but two of the incredibly popular Ironman II reactive power attenuators – one for the clean channel, and one for the lead channel, allowing you to dial in the perfect performance-to-volume balance, no matter what the gig.
Add in footswitchable tremolo and a custom-voiced bias-modulated tremolo circuit, and you’ll be hard-pressed to find a more flexible amplifier that still accurately reproduces everything we love about vintage American tone.
A lesson in American tone
Both channels on your Tone King Sky King boast a no-nonsense 3-knob control layout and are footswitchable. But that’s where the similarities end. The rhythm channel is carefully sculpted to sing with ‘60s era cleans and chime. The lead channel, on the other hand, handles the harmonically rich midrange of ‘50s tweed amps and can also be crafted into old-school, British-style lead voices.
- Rhythm channel controls: Volume, Bass, Treble
- Lead channel controls: Volume, Tone, Mid-Bite
- Mid-Bite control tightens the low end for added punch and cut
Changing character with the flip of a switch
The Sky King features a powerful mode switch that swings the amp between pentode and ultralinear operation. Choose pentode for the feel and clarity that is found in the majority of amps around the world. Flip over to ultralinear mode to give the amplifier a warmer, rounder sound with plenty of elastic response to enhance your picking style.
- Pentode mode offers a faster attack and more defined highs
- Ultralinear mode delivers richer lower-order harmonics and a softer feel
- Ultralinear mode reduces the amplifier’s gain and may need to be compensated with the preamp volume control
Ironman II reactive attenuation
We included our Ironman II power attenuator aboard the Sky King for even more flexibility. Now you can bring your Imperial’s maxed tube tones to band- or home-friendly levels. And with our reactive load technology, your amp with sound and respond the same at any volume.
- 6-step attenuation is great in a variety of situations
- Reactive load technology maintains the feel and response of your guitar amplifier
- Independent attenuation for rhythm and lead channels
Onboard spring reverb and tremolo
Spring reverb and bias-modulated tremolo are two sounds that define the tone of many vintage American-voiced combo amps. We think, with its tube-driven circuits and old-school control, you’ll find the Sky King gloriously re-creates those thick, splashing, pulsating tones. And it does it in a conveniently footswitchable design.
- Bias modulation tremolo circuit delivers vintage-style pulse
- Tube-driven spring reverb with wide-ranging control
- Effects carefully tuned to balance across the two channels
24″ (L) x 12″ (W) x 18″ (H)
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping. We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA. Returns
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so we offer a 48 hour approval period on most purchases (see exclusions below). The 48 hour approval period begins when your purchased item is delivered to your door. If after 48 hours you’re not happy with the item, just contact us via phone, email or live chat on our website to arrange for a return authorization (RA#) and return shipping instructions. Any package sent back without prior authorization will be refused.
Returns must be shipped back to us within two days of the RA being issued. Items must come back to us undamaged and in the same condition they were shipped out. All manuals, paperwork, cables, tremolo arms, wrenches, etc… must be included or full credit will not be issued. Any items not conforming to this policy will be subject (at our discretion) to a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
Refunds will be issued minus all related shipping expenses, if free shipping was initially given, the cost we incurred to get the item to you will be deducted from your refund. A 10% restock fee will also be deducted from your refund. Restock fees will be waived for full value exchanges.
Here are exceptions to our return policy.
- Custom orders of any kind are non returnable and non refundable. We often charge a deposit before we will place a custom or special order. All special order deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, no exceptions.
- Microphones, Harmonicas, In-Ear Systems and any other items that come into contact with your mouth or ears.
- Items labeled as BLOWOUT, are non-returnable. These are often being sold below cost and are considered “all sales final”.
- Software (this may also include hardware that includes software), unless still in shrink wrap with barcode affixed.
- Guitar strings, blank media, and other disposable merchandise.
- Guitar or bass pickups that have been installed or used in any way.
- Any item advertised as “USED” is non returnable.
*Payments for music lessons are non refundable, no exceptions.
View our detailed Return Policy here. Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order. Damaged Merchandise
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.
There are no reviews yet.