From Tone King:
ROYALIST MKIII COMBO.
40W Two-Channel All-Tube 1×12” Combo
ABOUT THE COMBO.
The original Royalist was the first Tone King amp to offer the best elements of British tone and was one of the company’s most beloved amps. The new Royalist MKIII is a 40-watt, two-channel, all-tube, 1×12” combo that expands on that legacy by faithfully reproducing early British tones ranging from the sweet, singing JTM45, to the iconic “Plexi” sound, all the way to the raging “Super Lead”. The Royalist MKIII authentically captures the vintage nature of these iconic amplifiers, delivering tones that span from clean to edge-of-breakup, to the bright-crunchy leads found on countless classic rock tracks that helped shape music history. The built-in Iron Man II attenuator on each of the channels features a tuned reactive load and special compensation circuitry that allows the power tubes to be fully driven, yet only allowing a fraction of the volume through the speaker.
- Two channels with independent Volume and PULL FAT feature
- Three-way 1964, 1967 and 1970 voicing switch, assignable to each channel
- Tone King’s legendary Iron Man II attenuator, one for each channel, with HF switch
IRONMAN II REACTIVE ATTENUATION.
The Ironman II reactive power attenuator gives Tone King amplifiers increased flexibility for any gig, session, or rehearsal. Just crank your amp to the sweet spot then rein in the volume for thick, rich tone at usable levels. And thanks to its reactive load technology and HF Compensation, you’ll always maintain your cranked amp tone and feel.
ALL-TUBE SIGNAL PATH.
The Royalist MKIII features an all-tube signal path with three 12AX7A preamp tubes and two EL34 power tubes. In addition to the output tubes, a 5AR4 rectifier tube delivers the authentic “sag” feel and response which is signature of classic British amps.
INDEPENDENT VOLUME CONTROLS WITH FAT OPTION.
The Volume for both Channel A and Channel B features a PULL FAT option which changes the feel of the amplifier by delivering more low-end frequencies on the first gain stage of the preamp. The FAT setting is ideal for a clean sound with a bit of bottom end or to add some juice if you are running overdriven.
INDEPENDENT 3-WAY VOICING SWITCH PER CHANNEL.
The 1964, 1967 and 1970 three-position voicing switch on each channel allows you to choose the particular preamp, tone stack and negative feedback (power amp) from three of the most iconic vintage British amps.
- 1964 – delivers a balanced treble response, lower gain, and less aggressive attack inspired by a vintage JTM45 or Bluesbreaker.
- 1967 – delivers the crisp treble response and aggressive attack of a vintage “Plexi”.
- 1970 – this highest gain setting delivers the raging “Super Lead” sound.
TONE KING’S LEGENDARY IRON MAN II ATTENUATOR, ONE FOR EACH CHANNEL, WITH HF SWITCH.
The built-in Iron Man II attenuator on each of the channels features a tuned reactive load and special compensation circuitry that allows the power tubes to be fully driven, yet only allowing a fraction of the signal through to the speaker.
- 40W All-Tube 1×12” Combo
- Two Channels with Volume Control and PULL FAT feature
- Three-Position 1964, 1967 and 1970 Voicing Switch, Per Channel
- 6-Step Iron Man II Attenuator, Per Channel
- Wide Variety of Vintage British Tone
- V1 = 12AX7 1st Stage Preamp Circuit (Channel A & B)
- V2 = 12AX7 2nd Stage Preamp Circuit / Tone Stack
- V3 = 12AX7 Phase Inverter
- V4 & V5 = EL34 Power Amplifier
- V6 = 5AR4 High Voltage Rectifier
- Custom Celestion “1660” 12” Speaker
- 2 Identical Channels, Foot-Switchable
- Shared Controls: Volume, Treble, Bass and Presence
- Volume Control with PULL FAT feature Per Channel
- Three-position 1964, 1967 and 1970 Voicing Switch Per Channel
Iron Man II Attenuator:
- Precision tuned frequency compensated reactive load
- Dual attenuation controls (one for each channel)
- Attenuation steps: 0db, -3db, -9db, -15db, -24db, -36db
- Single Button Channel Footswitch with LED Indicator
- 25’ Instrument Cable Included
- 1/4″ Unbalanced Line Out Jack with Level Control
Speaker Impedance Select:
- 4, 8 or 16 Ohms
- Tongue and Groove Baltic Birch Construction
- 12” (L) x 24.5″ (W) x 21” (H)
- 59 LBS