First introduced in 1993, the Imperial has become a proven favorite of guitarists seeking authentic vintage tone. Utilizing all-tube circuitry, traditional spring reverb, and a specially voiced, highly resonant cabinet, the Imperial captures the true experience of playing a well-worn vintage amplifier – both in tone and feel.
Twenty years of research and development have been engineered into the new Imperial MK II to capture the best of authentic vintage tone while offering a number of useful new features.
Handwired Board Construction by providing optimal component placement and wire routing, the new “handwired board” layout delivers real sonic advantages:
- Thicker, beefier tone with more character and focus, and really lively dynamics.
- Smoother, silkier high frequency response – more “chime” and less “glassiness”.
- Mids are chunkier with more harmonic complexity.
- Plenty of presence and “air” without sounding overly “bright”.
- Very low noise floor. Built-in AC line filter eliminates interference from computers and electronic devices.
Ironman II Compensated Power Attenuator
- Tuned reactive load
- Volume Level Compensation circuitry progressively modifies the EQ curve and compression at lower attenuation settings. This means that the sound you hear at low volume is just as fat and present as it is at high volume.
- Damping Factor Compensation circuitry allows the speaker to act more naturally at low power. This prevents the speaker from feeling “stiff” at low volume – it really feels like you are playing a cranked amp, even at bedroom volume.
Attenuator Bypass Switch – The new Attenuator Bypass Switch helps you match the volume level of clean and overdriven sounds. When this feature is enabled, the attenuator is automatically bypassed (turned off) when the rhythm channel is selected.
HF Compensation Switch – This switch modifies the operation of the attenuator’s compensation circuitry, allowing you to tailor the compression, presence, and brightness to your listening environment.
- Configuration: 1×12 Combo
- Preamp: 2-Channel, Footswitchable
- Rhythm Channel: Vol, Treb, Bass
- Lead Channel: Vol, Tone, Mid-Bite
- Output Power: 20W
- Speakers: 12”, 8-Ohm Ceramic Magnet ‘Tone King 33’ Made by Eminence
- Built-In Ironman II Compensated Power Attenuator
- Precision Tuned Reactive Load
- Volume Level Compensation
- Dampening Factor Compensation
- Weight: 36.2 Pounds
- Size: 22-1/2” W x 19-1/4” T x 10-1/2” D
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping.
We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA.
14 Day Return for Merchandise Credit or Exchange
We're so sure you'll enjoy shopping with us that if for any reason, you're not completely satisfied with any item you receive from Matt's Music, simply call us within 14 days of the time you receive your merchandise for either a full in-store credit, or exchange - all entirely up to you. Items must be in brand new, factory fresh, resalable condition with all original packing materials, warranty cards and owners manuals, and show no signs of wear or abuse. All returns are subject to inspection. Special order items that are not normally stocked are non returnable. Ask if your purchase qualifies before you buy. Credit/exchange is for merchandise only and does not include any shipping charges. No refunds are issued in any case. Layaways are good for 60 days and layaway deposits are non refundable.
Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order.
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.