From Tone King:
5W Hand-Wired 1×12″ Tube Combo with Attenuator Built-In
There’s nothing quite like the sounds of a cranked-up blackface or tweed-era guitar amplifier; but, getting those tones at the reduced volume levels modern players often encounter has been increasingly difficult. Until now. Introducing the Tone King Gremlin 1×12” 5-watt all-tube combo. Whether you’re picking at home or keeping up with a drummer, the Gremlin dishes out enough vintage-vibe to inspire. The amp’s two inputs and simple control layout make finding your tone an intuitive process. Plug into the Rhythm channel for a more blackface tone with bell-like highs and increased headroom. Or maybe the Lead input’s tweed-style drive is more your flavor. Thanks to our very own Ironman II power attenuator, on the back, you’re able to enjoy all of the juicy goodness of maxed power tubes at a level that won’t wake the neighbors. If you’re drawn to the American-side of cranked vintage amps, your tone is in the Gremlin.
Vintage U.S. amp tones
It’s brilliant, the variety of tones you’ll get from this unassuming combo tube amp. Whether you prefer cleaner tones as a pedal platform, or live for pushing your amp into sweet-sounding overdrive, the Gremlin’s got it. Plug in an optional A/B/Y footswitch, and it’s all yours on-demand.
• Rhythm and Lead channels are voiced for blackface and tweed tones
• Rhythm offers more headroom, while Lead is a more driven voice
• Select your input or jump the channels with an optional A/B/Y footswitch
Onboard Ironman II power attenuator
Even at 5-watt, the Gremlin is plenty powerful to keep up with most drummers. But we put our Ironman reactive load power attenuator right onboard to get that same sweet amp drive at bedroom levels. Experience the screaming tube tone we all crave, at a volume everyone will agree on.
• Onboard Ironman II power attenuator
• Reactive load reacts and feels just like your amp at any volume
• Get the same tone whether performing live or playing quietly
Deceptively massive tone
We’ve gone through great lengths to design a cabinet and custom Celestion 12″ 870 speaker that deliver the wide dynamic range of a larger tube amp, while always retaining the Gremlin’s vintage character. All in a size that will easily fit in your car, bedroom, or even a cramped performance stage.
• Custom-voiced Celestion 870 12″ speaker
• Compact cabinet engineered for clear highs and a big low end
• Convenient size is perfect gigging guitarists
• Baltic Birch USA construction
• Tubes: 1 x KT66 and 2 x 12AX7
10″ (L) x 19″ (W) x 17″ (H)
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping. We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA. Returns
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so we offer a 48 hour approval period on most purchases (see exclusions below). The 48 hour approval period begins when your purchased item is delivered to your door. If after 48 hours you’re not happy with the item, just contact us via phone, email or live chat on our website to arrange for a return authorization (RA#) and return shipping instructions. Any package sent back without prior authorization will be refused.
Returns must be shipped back to us within two days of the RA being issued. Items must come back to us undamaged and in the same condition they were shipped out. All manuals, paperwork, cables, tremolo arms, wrenches, etc… must be included or full credit will not be issued. Any items not conforming to this policy will be subject (at our discretion) to a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
Refunds will be issued minus all related shipping expenses, if free shipping was initially given, the cost we incurred to get the item to you will be deducted from your refund. A 10% restock fee will also be deducted from your refund. Restock fees will be waived for full value exchanges.
Here are exceptions to our return policy.
- Custom orders of any kind are non returnable and non refundable. We often charge a deposit before we will place a custom or special order. All special order deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, no exceptions.
- Microphones, Harmonicas, In-Ear Systems and any other items that come into contact with your mouth or ears.
- Items labeled as BLOWOUT, are non-returnable. These are often being sold below cost and are considered “all sales final”.
- Software (this may also include hardware that includes software), unless still in shrink wrap with barcode affixed.
- Guitar strings, blank media, and other disposable merchandise.
- Guitar or bass pickups that have been installed or used in any way.
- Any item advertised as “USED” is non returnable.
*Payments for music lessons are non refundable, no exceptions.
View our detailed Return Policy here. Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order. Damaged Merchandise
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.
There are no reviews yet.