From Tone King:
The Tone King Gremlin is the ultimate low-wattage combo for cranked blackface and tweed-era tones.
ABOUT THE AMP.
The Tone King Gremlin is the ultimate low-wattage combo for cranked blackface and tweed-era tones. Whether you’re picking at home or keeping up with a drummer, this 1×12” 5-watt all-tube combo dishes out enough vintage-vibe to inspire. And its two inputs and simple control layout make finding your tone as easy as can be. Plug into the Rhythm channel for a blackface tone with bell-like highs and increased headroom. Or maybe the Lead input’s tweed-style drive is more your flavor. You can even blend and switch between them with an optional A/B/Y footswitch. And you have total control over your levels thanks to our onboard Ironman II power attenuator. If you’re drawn to the low-wattage side of cranked American amps, your tone is in the Gremlin.
- Rhythm and Lead channels voiced for blackface and tweed tones
- Switch between channels on the fly with an optional A/B/Y footswitch
- Ironman II reactive attenuation maintains your sound at any volume
- 5W, 1×12”
THE GORGEOUS TONES OF LOW-WATTAGE AMERICAN AMPS.
It’s brilliant, the variety of sounds you’ll get from this unassuming combo tube amp. Whether you prefer cleaner tones as a pedal platform or live for pushing your amp into sweet-sounding overdrive, the Gremlin’s got it. Plug in an optional A/B/Y footswitch, and it’s all yours on-demand.
IRONMAN II REACTIVE ATTENUATION.
The Ironman II reactive power attenuator gives Tone King amplifiers increased flexibility for any gig, session, or rehearsal. Just crank your amp to the sweet spot then reign in the volume for thick, rich tone at usable levels. And thanks to its reactive load technology and HF Compensation, you’ll always maintain your cranked amp tone and feel.
CUSTOM-VOICED CELESTION SPEAKER.
Every Tone King combo amplifier is outfitted with a 12” Celestion speaker that has been voiced to deliver the top-shelf tone our brand demands. As soon as you hit your first notes, you’ll experience the detailed overtones, warm lows, and vocal-like mids all displaying pristine sonic detail.
BUILT FOR TONE, BUILT TO LAST.
From the tolex to the wiring, every Tone King amplifier is constructed with a passion for tone and reliability, right here in the US. We use only premium baltic birch in the construction of our cabinets and amp shells. And every amp is meticulously hand-wired to deliver top-notch tone every time you plug in.
A STYLE ALL OUR OWN.
The first thing that often jumps out about Tone King amplifiers is our stage-ready presentation. When you’re as passionate about tone as we are, there’s no reason to hide in the background.
- 5W, 1×12 Single Channel Combo
- Custom designed 12″, 8-Ohm, Ceramic Magnet speaker made by Celestion
- Rhythm and Lead channels are voiced for blackface and tweed tones
- Rhythm offers more headroom, while Lead is a more driven voice
- Select your input or jump the channels with an optional A/B/Y footswitch
Built-In Ironman II Compensated Power Attenuator:
- Onboard Ironman II power attenuator
- Reactive load reacts and feels just like your amp at any volume
- Get the same tone whether performing live or playing quietly
Ironman II Attenuator design features:
- Precision Tuned Reactive Load
- Fletcher-Munson Volume Compensation Circuitry
- Damping factor correction
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping. We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA. Returns
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so we offer a 48 hour approval period on most purchases (see exclusions below). The 48 hour approval period begins when your purchased item is delivered to your door. If after 48 hours you’re not happy with the item, just contact us via phone, email or live chat on our website to arrange for a return authorization (RA#) and return shipping instructions. Any package sent back without prior authorization will be refused.
Returns must be shipped back to us within two days of the RA being issued. Items must come back to us undamaged and in the same condition they were shipped out. All manuals, paperwork, cables, tremolo arms, wrenches, etc… must be included or full credit will not be issued. Any items not conforming to this policy will be subject (at our discretion) to a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
Refunds will be issued minus all related shipping expenses, if free shipping was initially given, the cost we incurred to get the item to you will be deducted from your refund. A 10% restock fee will also be deducted from your refund. Restock fees will be waived for full value exchanges.
Here are exceptions to our return policy.
- Custom orders of any kind are non returnable and non refundable. We often charge a deposit before we will place a custom or special order. All special order deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, no exceptions.
- Microphones, Harmonicas, In-Ear Systems and any other items that come into contact with your mouth or ears.
- Items labeled as BLOWOUT, are non-returnable. These are often being sold below cost and are considered “all sales final”.
- Software (this may also include hardware that includes software), unless still in shrink wrap with barcode affixed.
- Guitar strings, blank media, and other disposable merchandise.
- Guitar or bass pickups that have been installed or used in any way.
- Any item advertised as “USED” is non returnable.
*Payments for music lessons are non refundable, no exceptions.
View our detailed Return Policy here. Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order. Damaged Merchandise
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.