From Tone King:
The Tone King Gremlin is the ultimate low-wattage combo for cranked blackface and tweed-era tones.
ABOUT THE AMP.
The Tone King Gremlin is the ultimate low-wattage combo for cranked blackface and tweed-era tones. Whether you’re picking at home or keeping up with a drummer, this 1×12” 5-watt all-tube combo dishes out enough vintage-vibe to inspire. And its two inputs and simple control layout make finding your tone as easy as can be. Plug into the Rhythm channel for a blackface tone with bell-like highs and increased headroom. Or maybe the Lead input’s tweed-style drive is more your flavor. You can even blend and switch between them with an optional A/B/Y footswitch. And you have total control over your levels thanks to our onboard Ironman II power attenuator. If you’re drawn to the low-wattage side of cranked American amps, your tone is in the Gremlin.
- Rhythm and Lead channels voiced for blackface and tweed tones
- Switch between channels on the fly with an optional A/B/Y footswitch
- Ironman II reactive attenuation maintains your sound at any volume
- 5W, 1×12”
THE GORGEOUS TONES OF LOW-WATTAGE AMERICAN AMPS.
It’s brilliant, the variety of sounds you’ll get from this unassuming combo tube amp. Whether you prefer cleaner tones as a pedal platform or live for pushing your amp into sweet-sounding overdrive, the Gremlin’s got it. Plug in an optional A/B/Y footswitch, and it’s all yours on-demand.
IRONMAN II REACTIVE ATTENUATION.
The Ironman II reactive power attenuator gives Tone King amplifiers increased flexibility for any gig, session, or rehearsal. Just crank your amp to the sweet spot then reign in the volume for thick, rich tone at usable levels. And thanks to its reactive load technology and HF Compensation, you’ll always maintain your cranked amp tone and feel.
CUSTOM-VOICED CELESTION SPEAKER.
Every Tone King combo amplifier is outfitted with a 12” Celestion speaker that has been voiced to deliver the top-shelf tone our brand demands. As soon as you hit your first notes, you’ll experience the detailed overtones, warm lows, and vocal-like mids all displaying pristine sonic detail.
BUILT FOR TONE, BUILT TO LAST.
From the tolex to the wiring, every Tone King amplifier is constructed with a passion for tone and reliability, right here in the US. We use only premium baltic birch in the construction of our cabinets and amp shells. And every amp is meticulously hand-wired to deliver top-notch tone every time you plug in.
A STYLE ALL OUR OWN.
The first thing that often jumps out about Tone King amplifiers is our stage-ready presentation. When you’re as passionate about tone as we are, there’s no reason to hide in the background.
- 5W, 1×12 Single Channel Combo
- Custom designed 12″, 8-Ohm, Ceramic Magnet speaker made by Celestion
- Rhythm and Lead channels are voiced for blackface and tweed tones
- Rhythm offers more headroom, while Lead is a more driven voice
- Select your input or jump the channels with an optional A/B/Y footswitch
- Vol, Tone
Built-In Ironman II Compensated Power Attenuator:
- Onboard Ironman II power attenuator
- Reactive load reacts and feels just like your amp at any volume
- Get the same tone whether performing live or playing quietly
- 1 x KT66 and 2 x 12AX7
- 8 Ohms
Ironman II Attenuator design features:
- Precision Tuned Reactive Load
- Fletcher-Munson Volume Compensation Circuitry
- Damping factor correction
- 10″(L) x 19″(W) x 17″(H)
- 29 lbs.