BRAND NEW FROM A FACTORY AUTHORIZED SWART DEALER!
Yep, the STR-Tremolo will have the same soul and basic circuit as the STR-Tweed, just with:
- The addition of a great tremolo stage
(along with a revised and more surf Zone Reverb Stage)
- The addition of a 3 way EQ Switch that makes
the STR-Trem more flexible
Push comes to shove, I think the STR-Tremolo does have a touch less gain than the STR-Treed as the Tremolo section will take place of the extra gain stage in half of the 12AX7. On the other hand, it will still have much of the STR-Tweed’s great tone, immediacy, growl, and touch sensitivity. Drop in the Atomic Boost, and you get it back and more. I really dig this amp and have been playing it daily since we finally got it off the bench.
I actually tried the STR-Trem with and without an Atomic Boost and loved it both ways. Of note, the new cabs are a touch deeper to fit the Celestion Blue and Gold or many other slightly deeper speakers. I thought the Celestion Blue was AMAZING in the amp but did have a bit less bottom fullness at lower levels, much like any alnico vs a good ceramic. The BV-30 is such a great compromise of tone, great breakup, and nice fullness for a 5w single-ended design. But we also REALLY dig the Celetsion Creamback in this amp (my personal favorite if going with a ceramic. ***Dig the take of a Blue in the TUX cabinet*** ~ kh)
I loved the 3-way switch when you needed to back down some of the added lower end fullness when pushing the amp hard. Drop it back in with a bit lower volume and it’s a pleasant extra bit of lower end richness.
This amp just sounds so great when cranked, though. The overdriven STR-Trem is just addictive with a lot of complexity and swirl. And it allows you to hear the difference in guitars instead of turning every axe into more of the same. I’d say that’s a great trait of all Swart amps and the STR-Tremolo continues the tradition with aplomb.
As for the tremolo, it’s not easy to get great trem with low wattage single-ended designs and this is among the best I’ve personally heard, with a nice range of speed and good depth. But the amp sounds great with it off, too. Back the depth to zero and let her rip and you’ll be grinning ear to ear.
- 5W CLASS A ~ Single-Ended Output
- Zero Negative Feedback
- 100% Tube Circuit – GZ34 or 5Y3 Valve Rectifier
- Big Swart Tube – Spring Tank Reverb – Foot Switchable
- Swart Tube Tremolo – Foot Switchable
- 3 way EQ Switch ~ Full, Natural, Low Cut
- Powered by choice of 6V6 ~ 6L6 (shod w/6V6)
- JJ 12AX7(2) – JJ 12DW7 – JJ 6V6S – JJ GZ34 Rectifier
- Shop Tube Subs – Tung-Sol 12X7, TAD 6V6, TAD GZ34
- Point to Point Hand Wired Circuit
- Cathode Biased (no need to bias)
- Carbon Comp Resistors ~ Mallory Caps
- Cloth Hook-Up Wire
- Hi/Lo Input for High & Low powered Pickups
- Heaters referenced to ground
- Standby Switch for tube warm-up, extending tube life
- All Swart Amplifiers employ Star Grounding
- 4/8 ohm 1/4″ Out – Drive other Speaker/Cabinet
- Switchcraft 1/4 inch inputs and output
- CTS Potentiometers
- Custom High Quality USA Built Swart Spec Iron
- Speaker: 12″ Mojotone BV-30H ~ 8 ohm
- Finger-Jointed, solid Pine Cabs w/Two Build Options
- Vintage Jewel Lamp ~ Circuit Fuse Protected
- Two-Button Footswitch for on/off Reverb & Tremolo
- Dimensions: 17″ W x 10 3/4″ D X 16 3/4″ H (w/feet) ~ 29.5lbs
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping. We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA. Returns
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so we offer a 48 hour approval period on most purchases (see exclusions below). The 48 hour approval period begins when your purchased item is delivered to your door. If after 48 hours you’re not happy with the item, just contact us via phone, email or live chat on our website to arrange for a return authorization (RA#) and return shipping instructions. Any package sent back without prior authorization will be refused.
Returns must be shipped back to us within two days of the RA being issued. Items must come back to us undamaged and in the same condition they were shipped out. All manuals, paperwork, cables, tremolo arms, wrenches, etc… must be included or full credit will not be issued. Any items not conforming to this policy will be subject (at our discretion) to a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
Refunds will be issued minus all related shipping expenses, if free shipping was initially given, the cost we incurred to get the item to you will be deducted from your refund. A 10% restock fee will also be deducted from your refund. Restock fees will be waived for full value exchanges.
Here are exceptions to our return policy.
- Custom orders of any kind are non returnable and non refundable. We often charge a deposit before we will place a custom or special order. All special order deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, no exceptions.
- Microphones, Harmonicas, In-Ear Systems and any other items that come into contact with your mouth or ears.
- Items labeled as BLOWOUT, are non-returnable. These are often being sold below cost and are considered “all sales final”.
- Software (this may also include hardware that includes software), unless still in shrink wrap with barcode affixed.
- Guitar strings, blank media, and other disposable merchandise.
- Guitar or bass pickups that have been installed or used in any way.
- Any item advertised as “USED” is non returnable.
*Payments for music lessons are non refundable, no exceptions.
View our detailed Return Policy here. Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order. Damaged Merchandise
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.
There are no reviews yet.