BRAND NEW FROM A FACTORY AUTHORIZED SWART DEALER!
Yep, the STR-Tremolo will have the same soul and basic circuit as the STR-Tweed, just with:
- The addition of a great tremolo stage
(along with a revised and more surf Zone Reverb Stage)
- The addition of a 3 way EQ Switch that makes
the STR-Trem more flexible
Push comes to shove, I think the STR-Tremolo does have a touch less gain than the STR-Treed as the Tremolo section will take place of the extra gain stage in half of the 12AX7. On the other hand, it will still have much of the STR-Tweed’s great tone, immediacy, growl, and touch sensitivity. Drop in the Atomic Boost, and you get it back and more. I really dig this amp and have been playing it daily since we finally got it off the bench.
I actually tried the STR-Trem with and without an Atomic Boost and loved it both ways. Of note, the new cabs are a touch deeper to fit the Celestion Blue and Gold or many other slightly deeper speakers. I thought the Celestion Blue was AMAZING in the amp but did have a bit less bottom fullness at lower levels, much like any alnico vs a good ceramic. The BV-30 is such a great compromise of tone, great breakup, and nice fullness for a 5w single-ended design. But we also REALLY dig the Celetsion Creamback in this amp (my personal favorite if going with a ceramic. ***Dig the take of a Blue in the TUX cabinet*** ~ kh)
I loved the 3-way switch when you needed to back down some of the added lower end fullness when pushing the amp hard. Drop it back in with a bit lower volume and it’s a pleasant extra bit of lower end richness.
This amp just sounds so great when cranked, though. The overdriven STR-Trem is just addictive with a lot of complexity and swirl. And it allows you to hear the difference in guitars instead of turning every axe into more of the same. I’d say that’s a great trait of all Swart amps and the STR-Tremolo continues the tradition with aplomb.
As for the tremolo, it’s not easy to get great trem with low wattage single-ended designs and this is among the best I’ve personally heard, with a nice range of speed and good depth. But the amp sounds great with it off, too. Back the depth to zero and let her rip and you’ll be grinning ear to ear.
- 5W CLASS A ~ Single-Ended Output
- Zero Negative Feedback
- 100% Tube Circuit – GZ34 or 5Y3 Valve Rectifier
- Big Swart Tube – Spring Tank Reverb – Foot Switchable
- Swart Tube Tremolo – Foot Switchable
- 3 way EQ Switch ~ Full, Natural, Low Cut
- Powered by choice of 6V6 ~ 6L6 (shod w/6V6)
- JJ 12AX7(2) – JJ 12DW7 – JJ 6V6S – JJ GZ34 Rectifier
- Shop Tube Subs – Tung-Sol 12X7, TAD 6V6, TAD GZ34
- Point to Point Hand Wired Circuit
- Cathode Biased (no need to bias)
- Carbon Comp Resistors ~ Mallory Caps
- Cloth Hook-Up Wire
- Hi/Lo Input for High & Low powered Pickups
- Heaters referenced to ground
- Standby Switch for tube warm-up, extending tube life
- All Swart Amplifiers employ Star Grounding
- 4/8 ohm 1/4″ Out – Drive other Speaker/Cabinet
- Switchcraft 1/4 inch inputs and output
- CTS Potentiometers
- Custom High Quality USA Built Swart Spec Iron
- Speaker: 12″ Mojotone BV-30H ~ 8 ohm
- Finger-Jointed, solid Pine Cabs w/Two Build Options
- Vintage Jewel Lamp ~ Circuit Fuse Protected
- Two-Button Footswitch for on/off Reverb & Tremolo
- Dimensions: 17″ W x 10 3/4″ D X 16 3/4″ H (w/feet) ~ 29.5lbs