If only words could actually convey sound fully; they always fall short to some extent. And that’s where I stand with the Space Tone Atomic Jr, the latest amazing, soulful little amp from the hands of Michael Swart.
The new ST-Atomic Jr starts off with the heart of our ever-popular ST-6V6se with the addition of a year in the making, triode reverb stage utilizing a dedicated 12DW7 fed into a nifty spring tank for surprisingly BIG REVERB, especially for a cabinet this size. Actually, for ANY size cabinet.
The tonal variations and REVERB in this little monster must be be heard to be believed. Most amps this size attempting reverb and big tone tend to be underwhelming. Not so with the 14lb Class A ST-Atomic Jr.
The circuit remains amazingly simple, including this reverb stage, and will feature volume, tone, and Swart’s patented “Space” reverb. I’ve been playing this beast non-stop since the prototype hit my apartment, never to leave. It’s the perfect amp for those craving AST type sound in a package that weighs no more than a ribald ole Tom Cat.
There is a cool switchable gain option in place of the 6V6se feedback switch. When in circuit, the amp has more cleans and take a bit longer to break-up. It’s a slightly more controlled result. Flip it out of circuit and you have slightly less compression with a more raw take, quicker to get into the fun stuff. Think of it as HOT SWITCH NOW like the good ole Krispy Kreme Donut Shop.
SPACE TONE ATOMIC JR SPECS:
- 5W CLASS A ~ JUST INSANELY BIG TONE w Reverb
- Single-Ended Output – Zero Negative Feedback
- 100% Tube Circuit – GZ34 or 5Y3 Valve Rectifier
- Big Swart Tube Reverb via 12DW7 & Spring Tank
- Hot and Clean mode Switch
- Powered by choice of 6V6 or 6L6 (shod w/6V6)
- JJ 12AX7 – JJ 12DW7 – JJ 6V6GT – JJ GZ34 Rectifier
- Point to Point Hand Wired Circuit
- Cathode Biased (no need to bias)
- Carbon Comp Resistors ~ Mallory Caps
- Cloth Hook-Up Wire
- Heaters referenced to ground
- All Swart Amplifiers employ Star Grounding
- 4 ohm 1/4″ Out – Drive other Speaker/Cabinet
- Switchcraft 1/4 inch input and output
- CTS Potentiometers
- Custom High Quality USA Built Swart Spec Iron
- Speaker: 8″ Weber Signature Smooth Cone ~ 4 ohm
- Finger-Jointed, solid Pine Cab w/ Lacquer Tweed Cover
- Vintage Jewel Lamp ~ Circuit Fuse Protected
- Dimensions: 13 3/4T x 13W x 7 1/4 D @ 14lbs
Like all Swart amps, the circuit is point to point, hand-wired and CATHODE BIASED with no need to mess with adjustments when rolling tubes.
The Atomic Jr has two driver/preamp tubes comprised of one 12AX7 and one 12DW7 feeding either a 6V6 (stock) or 6L6 family power tube. We also keep the simple tone cut bringing the least complexity, integral in keeping touch sensitivity and transparency. Of course, the Atomic Jr. relies on tube rectification for PS filtering with a JJ 5AR4/GZ-34 as stock with the ability to run a NOS 5Y3 for more Sag, compression, earlier breakup, and that Brown Sound (it also brings 34v less on the tubes).We want to avoid that harshness that seems to ride along with solid state rectification. Try a vintage 5Y3 for a bit more SAG and less voltage on the power tubes.
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping. We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA. Returns
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so we offer a 48 hour approval period on most purchases (see exclusions below). The 48 hour approval period begins when your purchased item is delivered to your door. If after 48 hours you’re not happy with the item, just contact us via phone, email or live chat on our website to arrange for a return authorization (RA#) and return shipping instructions. Any package sent back without prior authorization will be refused.
Returns must be shipped back to us within two days of the RA being issued. Items must come back to us undamaged and in the same condition they were shipped out. All manuals, paperwork, cables, tremolo arms, wrenches, etc… must be included or full credit will not be issued. Any items not conforming to this policy will be subject (at our discretion) to a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
Refunds will be issued minus all related shipping expenses, if free shipping was initially given, the cost we incurred to get the item to you will be deducted from your refund. A 10% restock fee will also be deducted from your refund. Restock fees will be waived for full value exchanges.
Here are exceptions to our return policy.
- Custom orders of any kind are non returnable and non refundable. We often charge a deposit before we will place a custom or special order. All special order deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, no exceptions.
- Microphones, Harmonicas, In-Ear Systems and any other items that come into contact with your mouth or ears.
- Items labeled as BLOWOUT, are non-returnable. These are often being sold below cost and are considered “all sales final”.
- Software (this may also include hardware that includes software), unless still in shrink wrap with barcode affixed.
- Guitar strings, blank media, and other disposable merchandise.
- Guitar or bass pickups that have been installed or used in any way.
- Any item advertised as “USED” is non returnable.
*Payments for music lessons are non refundable, no exceptions.
View our detailed Return Policy here. Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order. Damaged Merchandise
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.