- Hear The Silence – Take control of your rig to eliminate guitar, amp, pedal & ambient noise.
- Total Transparency – Like plugging your guitar right into your amp – without the noise!
- Complete Control – Knobs take you from aggressive staccato chugs to “is it even on?” transparent noise reduction.
- Made In Canada – High quality components & rugged quality standards.
- Versatile – Flexible 2 & 4-cable setups work with combos, heads, modelers, & more!
- Based on Generator 120 MK3’s Gate – A fan-favorite now in an expanded standalone pedal.
The Revv G8 Noise Gate is the new, simple, zero-compromise, solution to taking control of your rig. Noise comes from so many places – the room you’re in, your guitar, your amp, pedals, other pieces of gear in the signal chain. Dealing with that gets in the way of music live & in the studio. None of us like the noise, but we usually just deal with it because the solutions aren’t ideal. That’s why we had to build a flexible noise gate to keep your entire rig quiet with zero downside. G8’s controls will let you dial in that sliced & diced metal rhythm tone when you need it – but most importantly it is designed to maintain the sonic integrity of your guitar tone. You will feel the same & sound the same – all you’ll be wondering is where the noise went. Hear the silence!
“After the positive response to Generator 120 MK3’s built-in gate, I knew we could design a killer rock & metal gate. The real journey began once we decided it had to be so transparent we could convert guitarists who would normally never touch a gate.”
-Dan Trudeau, President & Head Designer Revv Amplification Inc
REVV G8 FEATURES
- Totally transparent feel – like plugging straight into the amp – but without the noise!
- Flexible controls provide super-gated staccato chug tones when you need them.
- 4 jacks allow super simple 2-cable setups or sonically precise 4-cable setups.
- Eliminate problematic noise from your guitar, amp, pedals, or ambient environment.
- Thresh knob dials the exact level of noise reduction you require.
- Release knob ensures your endless sustain is uninterrupted.
- Hold knob fine-tunes feel, ensuring G8 doesn’t close when you want it to remain open.
- True bypass, bright LED for on/off confirmation, black metallic graphic enclosure.
- Simple 9-12v center negative external power supply operation, 50mA minimum.
- Manufactured in Canada to rugged quality standards.
G8 may be the best example of Revv’s commitment to building gear based on feedback from professional artists & engineers. We weren’t really planning on designing a gate until the response to Generator 120 MK3’s gate was so positive. Dan Trudeau quickly got to work on expanding that gate’s featureset into a standalone pedal with fast, silent performance for rock & metal players. However, the real journey began when Revv’s session & touring artists started asking about the gate. Players like that normally don’t use gates, but often are told by the artist or FOH engineer that they have to use one. What if we could make a gate so transparent that clean, blues, worship – even country guitarists liked it? Asking customers & artists what could make their life easier is how we make sure we are designing gear that’s unique & useful.
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping. We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA. Returns
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so we offer a 48 hour approval period on most purchases (see exclusions below). The 48 hour approval period begins when your purchased item is delivered to your door. If after 48 hours you’re not happy with the item, just contact us via phone, email or live chat on our website to arrange for a return authorization (RA#) and return shipping instructions. Any package sent back without prior authorization will be refused.
Returns must be shipped back to us within two days of the RA being issued. Items must come back to us undamaged and in the same condition they were shipped out. All manuals, paperwork, cables, tremolo arms, wrenches, etc… must be included or full credit will not be issued. Any items not conforming to this policy will be subject (at our discretion) to a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
Refunds will be issued minus all related shipping expenses, if free shipping was initially given, the cost we incurred to get the item to you will be deducted from your refund. A 10% restock fee will also be deducted from your refund. Restock fees will be waived for full value exchanges.
Here are exceptions to our return policy.
- Custom orders of any kind are non returnable and non refundable. We often charge a deposit before we will place a custom or special order. All special order deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, no exceptions.
- Microphones, Harmonicas, In-Ear Systems and any other items that come into contact with your mouth or ears.
- Items labeled as BLOWOUT, are non-returnable. These are often being sold below cost and are considered “all sales final”.
- Software (this may also include hardware that includes software), unless still in shrink wrap with barcode affixed.
- Guitar strings, blank media, and other disposable merchandise.
- Guitar or bass pickups that have been installed or used in any way.
- Any item advertised as “USED” is non returnable.
*Payments for music lessons are non refundable, no exceptions.
View our detailed Return Policy here. Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order. Damaged Merchandise
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.