From Mesa Boogie:
The FLUX-FIVE™ adds our classic Five Band Graphic EQ and footswitchable HI/LO performance Modes, featuring separate OUTPUT LEVEL controls to the already versatile FLUX-DRIVE™ package for increased tone shaping power and enhanced stylistic versatility.
The reception for the FLUX-DRIVE’s fat, smooth, expressive gain has been outstanding among Artists and players alike. With critical praise from around the globe, it was an obvious recipient for the enhanced power of our Five-Band EQ. The FLUX-FIVE overdrive is a supercharged version of our popular FLUX-DRIVE that features a “shrunk-to-size” version of our classic Boogie® Five-Band Graphic EQ and new added versatility thanks to footswitchable HI/LO performance Modes. The LO Gain Mode is the original FLUX-DRIVE in every way and now, on this wider platform, a new higher gain version of this soulful sound appears in the HI Mode. The Graphic EQ allows the popular “V-Curve” EQ setting to be applied to its layers of thick gain – creating a huge, wide Heavy Rock or Metal sound that still retains the FLUX’s warm character. The original TREBLE and BASS rotary EQ controls can be used to dial in global enhancements and the combination of the two EQ styles produces signature sounds for any genre.
The Graphic EQ can be applied to both HI and LO Gain Modes enabling you to have a global EQ curve or apply it to either gain Mode separately to have two “preset” sounds with different EQ shapes and gain signatures to switch between. A HI TRIM pot allows the volume level of HI to be adjusted in relation to the original LO (FLUX-DRIVE) Mode. However you choose to utilize all this potential, the warm rich FLUX-FIVE overdrive is sure to inspire you and bring out your best.
- Designed and Handcrafted in Petaluma, California, USA
- True Bypass On/Off Footswitch bypasses all circuitry when off to ensure no tonal loss
- HI/LO Footswitch provides instant access between HI & LO (Gain) Modes for greater musical versatility
- Gain Control allows you to dial in the perfect amount of vocal-overdrive, dynamic to sustaining
- Bass & Treble Controls provide +/- 12dB of EQ boost or cut for exceptional overall tone shaping
- 5-Band Graphic EQ provides Auto-Assignability to either Mode (HI or LO) via Independent On/Off Switches and Mesa’s legendary tone-shaping power with +/- 12dB of boost or cut at 80Hz, 240Hz, 750Hz, 2.2Khz and 6.6Khz
- HI Trim Level Control with LED Indicator provides an Independent Level Boost when HI Mode is activated
- Master Level Control provides an overall variable range of signal boost up to +20dB
- On/Off Status LED with Dual Color LED’s to indicate the active Mode (LO = Yellow / HI = Red)
- 9V Battery Powered or Externally Powered (optional) via External Power Supply Input Jack
- Input & Output Jacks (Nominal Input -20dB)
- Dimensions (W/D/H): 5.78″ x 4.76″ x 2.30″ (146.8mm x 121mm x 58.4mm)
- Weight: 1.7 lbs. (771g) with battery, 1.6 lbs. (725.7g) without battery
- True Bypass Switching
- Battery Type: 9VDC (one)
- Power Consumption (Current Draw): 9VDC/25mA
- External Power Supply (Not Included): WARNING!!! To avoid immediate damage and voiding the warranty, the External Power Supply MUST be 9VDC with a NEGATIVE CENTER plug polarity and a jack plug size of 2.1mm x 5.5mm.
- Input Impedance: 1M Ohm (500k Ohm minimum)
- Output Impedance: 10k Ohm
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping. We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA. Returns
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so we offer a 48 hour approval period on most purchases (see exclusions below). The 48 hour approval period begins when your purchased item is delivered to your door. If after 48 hours you’re not happy with the item, just contact us via phone, email or live chat on our website to arrange for a return authorization (RA#) and return shipping instructions. Any package sent back without prior authorization will be refused.
Returns must be shipped back to us within two days of the RA being issued. Items must come back to us undamaged and in the same condition they were shipped out. All manuals, paperwork, cables, tremolo arms, wrenches, etc… must be included or full credit will not be issued. Any items not conforming to this policy will be subject (at our discretion) to a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
Refunds will be issued minus all related shipping expenses, if free shipping was initially given, the cost we incurred to get the item to you will be deducted from your refund. A 10% restock fee will also be deducted from your refund. Restock fees will be waived for full value exchanges.
Here are exceptions to our return policy.
- Custom orders of any kind are non returnable and non refundable. We often charge a deposit before we will place a custom or special order. All special order deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, no exceptions.
- Microphones, Harmonicas, In-Ear Systems and any other items that come into contact with your mouth or ears.
- Items labeled as BLOWOUT, are non-returnable. These are often being sold below cost and are considered “all sales final”.
- Software (this may also include hardware that includes software), unless still in shrink wrap with barcode affixed.
- Guitar strings, blank media, and other disposable merchandise.
- Guitar or bass pickups that have been installed or used in any way.
- Any item advertised as “USED” is non returnable.
*Payments for music lessons are non refundable, no exceptions.
View our detailed Return Policy here. Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order. Damaged Merchandise
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.