The JHS Pedals Colour Box is amazing. It’s powerful, it’s versatile, it sounds stunning as a guitar pedal or as a recording preamp, and sometimes…just sometimes…it’s a bit too much for guitarists. That’s why we created the Crayon. This straightforward pedal harnesses the exact same gritty preamp tones of the Colour Box and puts them in a smaller stomp with a simplified control layout. Three knobs control the gain, output, and tone of the pedal, while a Hi-Pass switch accesses even more aggressive characters. If you’re one of the musicians who is madly in love with those straight-to-console fuzz tones but don’t need all the extras, the JHS Pedals Crayon was made just for you.
Streamlined, simplified, and ferocious
In 1968, the Beatles’ “Revolution” sent a piercing guitar tone through the speakers of the world. This tonal technique of plugging a guitar straight into a mixing console is now referred to as “Direct-In Distortion.” The JHS Pedals Crayon gets you these legendary tones faster and in a more guitarist-friendly way than ever before.
– Compact enclosure sits comfortably on any pedalboard
– Easy-to-use controls for Master (output volume), Pre-Vol (gain), and Tilt (tone)
– Runs at 9- and 18-volts (We recommend 9V. It just sounds better.)
Hi-Pass toggle for more intense settings
If you like the sound you’re getting from your Crayon but want to take it a step further, just flip on the Hi-Pass toggle switch. You’re immediately greeted with a drop of low frequencies that gives your tone an even more aggressive attitude with extra teeth. You’ll also find a side-mounted frequency switch to dictate how much low-end content is shelved.
– Hi-Pass toggle cuts low frequencies to precisely tailor your tone
– 200Hz and 750Hz frequency switch located on the side determines which frequencies are cut
More than meets the eye
Like a lot of our pedals, just because this pedal is loaded with great fuzz tones doesn’t mean there isn’t a whole lot more to be discovered. Remember, the Crayon is designed after classic console preamps, not another dirt box. So why not see what else it has to offer?
– Run the Pre-Vol control low for a clean tonal enhancement for your rig
– Drop the Pre-Vol and crank the Master for a powerful clean boost
– Utilize the Tilt and Hi-Pass controls, turning the Crayon into a versatile EQ pedal
– Even at full fuzz, back off your guitar volume and be astounded with how well the pedal cleans up
This pedal requires standard 9V DC Negative power, consumes less than 100mA, and measures 2.2″x4.3″x1.5″.
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping. We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA. Returns
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so we offer a 48 hour approval period on most purchases (see exclusions below). The 48 hour approval period begins when your purchased item is delivered to your door. If after 48 hours you’re not happy with the item, just contact us via phone, email or live chat on our website to arrange for a return authorization (RA#) and return shipping instructions. Any package sent back without prior authorization will be refused.
Returns must be shipped back to us within two days of the RA being issued. Items must come back to us undamaged and in the same condition they were shipped out. All manuals, paperwork, cables, tremolo arms, wrenches, etc… must be included or full credit will not be issued. Any items not conforming to this policy will be subject (at our discretion) to a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
Refunds will be issued minus all related shipping expenses, if free shipping was initially given, the cost we incurred to get the item to you will be deducted from your refund. A 10% restock fee will also be deducted from your refund. Restock fees will be waived for full value exchanges.
Here are exceptions to our return policy.
- Custom orders of any kind are non returnable and non refundable. We often charge a deposit before we will place a custom or special order. All special order deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, no exceptions.
- Microphones, Harmonicas, In-Ear Systems and any other items that come into contact with your mouth or ears.
- Items labeled as BLOWOUT, are non-returnable. These are often being sold below cost and are considered “all sales final”.
- Software (this may also include hardware that includes software), unless still in shrink wrap with barcode affixed.
- Guitar strings, blank media, and other disposable merchandise.
- Guitar or bass pickups that have been installed or used in any way.
- Any item advertised as “USED” is non returnable.
*Payments for music lessons are non refundable, no exceptions.
View our detailed Return Policy here. Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order. Damaged Merchandise
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.
There are no reviews yet.