Boasting an electrifying offset angular shape and lightning-fast neck, Jackson X Series Kelly™ models exude metal sophistication, while also delivering massive sound and reliable performance at an exceptional value.
The KEX features lightwood and resonant poplar body-wings and a through-body maple neck with scarf joint and graphite reinforcement to guard against climate-induced warping. Hosting 24 jumbo frets and pearloid sharkfin inlays, the 12”-16” compound radius bound laurel fingerboard has a more rounded profile at the nut for natural-feeling chording and riffing and gradually flattens towards the heel for optimal shred articulation and bends.
Ready to roar, the KEX is also equipped with a pair of volcanic Jackson high-output humbucking pickups that give this metal beast an expansive voice loaded with crunchy, full-bodied tone ideal for brazen lead work or assertive rhythms runs. Command your sound with a three-way pickup toggle switch, single volume and tone controls, and enjoy exceptional dynamic response and reliable tuning stability from the Floyd Rose® Special double-locking tremolo bridge.
Make a bold statement with the X Series Kelly KEX, available in all-new Ferrari Red with black bevels, black hardware and a black Jackson® pointed 6-in-line headstock.
- 25.5” scale
- Poplar body
- Maple neck through-body with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint
- 12”-16” compound radius laurel fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and pearloid sharkfin inlays
- White neck and headstock binding
- Jackson® high-output bridge and neck humbucking pickups
- Three-position pickup toggle switch, single volume control and single tone control
- Floyd Rose® Special double-locking tremolo bridge system
- Available in Ferrari Red with black bevels, black Jackson pointed 6-in-line headstock and black hardware
JACKSON HIGH-OUTPUT HUMBUCKING PICKUPS
Jackson high-output humbucking pickups were painstakingly voiced for full, rich tone while providing maximum overdrive and sustain.
MAPLE NECK-THROUGH-BODY WITH GRAPHITE REINFORCEMENT AND SCARF JOINT
True neck-through-body construction has been a Jackson hallmark since 1980, allowing for greater playability and sustain. Neck-through is a method of guitar construction which involves extending the piece of wood(maple) used for the neck through the entire length of the body. Graphite reinforcement rods flanking the truss rod provide even more neck stability to help the instrument withstand the rigors of the road.
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape Kelly
- Number of Strings: 6
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Gloss Color Matched
- Fingerboard Material: Laurel
- Number of Frets: 24
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose Special Locking
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action Head Adjust
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Binding: White
- Scale Length: 25.5″
- Fingerboard Radius: 12″-16″ Compound Radius
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Width: 1.6875″
- Side Dots: Black
- Truss Rod Nut: Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
- Bridge Pickup: Jackson High-Output Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Jackson High-Output Humbucking
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Special Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast
- Switch Tip: Black
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009 – .042 Gauges)