From Jackson Guitars:
The Jackson® Pro Series Spectra Bass is a finely crafted instrument with its very essence right there in the name—a bass for professionals. A bold bass that’s more than just a cut above the others; a bass designed to deliver the finest to the demanding and adventurous pro player. The finest in style, tone, comfort and playability.
Starting with style, the all-new Pro Series Spectra Bass SBP IV features a unique multi-laminate poplar burl/walnut/maple/walnut/mahogany body wrapped in sophisticated Caribbean Blue or Transparent Black Burst finishes, complete with a unique 2×2 color matched headstock with an understated “J” logo.
The offset Spectra Bass body style was also innovatively designed with the professional musician in mind, featuring a larger upper horn that evenly distributes weight throughout the instrument for perfect balance and playing comfort. The through-body five-piece maple/walnut/maple/walnut/maple neck with graphite reinforcement ensures ultimate stability and formidable sustain, while the speed neck contour and 12″-16″ compound radius caramelized jatoba fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and oval dark pearl inlays offer superior playability.
The Pro SBP IV provides a full-sonic spectrum for even the most versatile and progressive bassists. Featuring alnico V magnets, the Nordstrand® SB4 single-coil soapbar bridge and neck pickups deliver an all-around pulverizing and striking sound with brighter, cleaner and punchier characteristics. Wide-ranging tonal command comes from a three-band active EQ, two-way toggle switch to bypass or engage active circuit for the 3-band EQ, blend control and volume control. The two-way toggle switch eliminates the risk of losing sound due to a dead battery by bypassing the active circuit and making it easy to regain sound from the bass without the use of battery power. An additional three-way toggle switch dials in a specific mid-frequency range for even more pinpoint tonal control.
This four-string bass also features a Jackson Single-String hardtail bridge that enhances individual note attack and improves sustain.
- 34”-scale, 4-string bass
- Multi-laminate poplar burl/walnut/maple/walnut/mahogany body
- Through-body five-piece maple/walnut/maple/walnut/maple neck with graphite reinforcement and satin back finish
- 12”-16” compound radius caramelized jatoba fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and oval dark pearl inlays
- Nordstrand® SB4-B/SB4-N bridge and neck pickups
- Volume control, blend control, 3-band EQ (active only), two-way toggle switch (selector for active/passive option) and three-way toggle switch (variable mid-frequency)
- Jackson Single-String hardtail bridge
- Jackson sealed die-cast tuners and Dunlop® dual-locking strap buttons
MULTI-LAMINATE POPLAR BURL/WALNUT/MAPLE/WALNUT/MAHOGANY BODY
The unique multi-laminate poplar burl/walnut/maple/walnut/mahogany body not only gives this bass exquisite style, but the layered construction improves resistance to environmental stressors.
- Body Material: Multi-Laminate: Poplar Burl/Walnut/Maple/Walnut/Mahogany
- Body Finish: Satin
- Body Shape: Spectra
- Bridge Pickup: Nordstrand SB4-B
- Neck Pickup: Nordstrand SB4-N
- Controls: Volume, Blend, 3-Band EQ (Active Only)
- Switching: 2-Way Toggle Switch (selector for active/passive option), 3-Way Toggle Variable Mid-Frequency Switch
- Configuration: HH
- Special Electronics: 3-Band EQ (Active Only)
- Bridge: Jackson Single-String
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
NORDSTRAND® SB4-B/SB4-N PICKUPS
Featuring alnico V magnets, the Nordstrand® SB4 single-coil soapbar bridge and neck pickups deliver an all-around pulverizing and striking sound with brighter, cleaner and punchier characteristics. Whether played clean or dirty, these aggressive pickups retain a tone that is articulate and defined, yet still punchy with plenty of rich thump.
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Neck Material: 5-Piece Maple/Walnut/Maple/Walnut/Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Scale Length: 34″ (86.36cm)
- Fingerboard Material: Caramelized Jatoba
- Fingerboard Radius: 12″-16″ Compound Radius (304.8mm to 406mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Black Plastic
- Nut Width: 1.5″ (38.1mm)
- Position Inlays: Oval Dark Pearl
- Truss Rod Nut: Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut