One of the most influential and respected players in the world, Marty Friedman’s impactful and game-changing contributions to heavy metal and guitar in general continue to inspire generations of musicians and music fans to this day. He defined modern guitar playing with Jason Becker in Cacophony, was a key element in the wildly successful rise of thrash pioneers Megadeth, and with his “Marty-esque” improvisations and exotic fusion of Eastern and Western music, has achieved global success as a solo artist.
Jackson® continues our longstanding relationship with Friedman by collaborating with the virtuoso on the Pro Series Signature Marty Friedman MF-1.
This 24.75”-scale signature model is loaded with great features to match the demanding needs of an elite and intricate player like Friedman — but at an affordable price.
Friedman’s signature MF-1 features a resonant mahogany with a striking cracked mirror top. A mahogany set-neck features a scarf joint and graphite-reinforcement rods to protect against environmental depredations. A 12”-radius bound ebony fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and pearloid block inlays is an ideal playing surface for swift licks or articulate chord work.
Marty Friedman dual passive EMG® MF signature humbucking pickups deliver a sound that sings and screams. This axe is also equipped with two volume and two tone controls as well as a three-way pickup toggle switch to wrangle all of the subtle nuances out of your guitar tone. The Jackson TOM-style adjustable bridge with anchored tailpiece and die-cast locking tuners creates improved intonation and enhanced sustain.
Never fear being upstaged with the all-new cracked Purple Mirror finish, complete with 3-ply white/abalone/white body binding, all-black hardware and reverse Jackson 3×3 (3 over, 3 under) AT-1 black headstock.
- 24.75” scale length
- Mahogany body with cracked mirror top
- Mahogany set-neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint
- 12″-radius ebony bound fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and pearloid block inlays
- Passive EMG® MF Signature humbucking pickups
- Three-position pickup toggle switch, two volume controls and two tone controls
- Jackson TOM-style adjustable bridge with anchored tailpiece
- Jackson sealed die-cast locking tuners and standard strap buttons
- Available in Purple Mirror with 3-ply white/abalone/white body binding, reverse Jackson 3×3 AT-1 black headstock and black hardware
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Weight: 8lbs 15oz
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Monarkh
- Body Binding: White
- Number of Strings: 6
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Construction: Set-Neck with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Binding: White
- Neck Finish: Gloss Black
- Scale Length: 24.75″
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12″
- Number of frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Black Plastic
- Nut Width: 1.6875″
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action Head Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
- Bridge Pickup: EMG MF Signature
- Neck Pickup: EMG MF Signature
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Jackson TOM-Style Adjustable with Anchored Tailpiece
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast Locking
- Control Knobs: Black Dome Style
- Switch Tip: Black
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping. We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA. Returns
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so we offer a 48 hour approval period on most purchases (see exclusions below). The 48 hour approval period begins when your purchased item is delivered to your door. If after 48 hours you’re not happy with the item, just contact us via phone, email or live chat on our website to arrange for a return authorization (RA#) and return shipping instructions. Any package sent back without prior authorization will be refused.
Returns must be shipped back to us within two days of the RA being issued. Items must come back to us undamaged and in the same condition they were shipped out. All manuals, paperwork, cables, tremolo arms, wrenches, etc… must be included or full credit will not be issued. Any items not conforming to this policy will be subject (at our discretion) to a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
Refunds will be issued minus all related shipping expenses, if free shipping was initially given, the cost we incurred to get the item to you will be deducted from your refund. A 10% restock fee will also be deducted from your refund. Restock fees will be waived for full value exchanges.
Here are exceptions to our return policy.
- Custom orders of any kind are non returnable and non refundable. We often charge a deposit before we will place a custom or special order. All special order deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, no exceptions.
- Microphones, Harmonicas, In-Ear Systems and any other items that come into contact with your mouth or ears.
- Items labeled as BLOWOUT, are non-returnable. These are often being sold below cost and are considered “all sales final”.
- Software (this may also include hardware that includes software), unless still in shrink wrap with barcode affixed.
- Guitar strings, blank media, and other disposable merchandise.
- Guitar or bass pickups that have been installed or used in any way.
- Any item advertised as “USED” is non returnable.
*Payments for music lessons are non refundable, no exceptions.
View our detailed Return Policy here. Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order. Damaged Merchandise
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.