One of the most influential and respected players in the world, Marty Friedman’s impactful and game-changing contributions to heavy metal and guitar in general continue to inspire generations of musicians and music fans to this day. He defined modern guitar playing with Jason Becker in Cacophony, was a key element in the wildly successful rise of thrash pioneers Megadeth, and with his “Marty-esque” improvisations and exotic fusion of Eastern and Western music, has achieved global success as a solo artist.
Jackson® continues our longstanding relationship with Friedman by collaborating with the virtuoso on the Pro Series Signature Marty Friedman MF-1.
This 24.75”-scale signature model is loaded with great features to match the demanding needs of an elite and intricate player like Friedman — but at an affordable price.
Friedman’s signature MF-1 features a resonant mahogany with a striking cracked mirror top. A mahogany set-neck features a scarf joint and graphite-reinforcement rods to protect against environmental depredations. A 12”-radius bound ebony fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and pearloid block inlays is an ideal playing surface for swift licks or articulate chord work.
Marty Friedman dual passive EMG® MF signature humbucking pickups deliver a sound that sings and screams. This axe is also equipped with two volume and two tone controls as well as a three-way pickup toggle switch to wrangle all of the subtle nuances out of your guitar tone. The Jackson TOM-style adjustable bridge with anchored tailpiece and die-cast locking tuners creates improved intonation and enhanced sustain.
Never fear being upstaged with the all-new cracked Purple Mirror finish, complete with 3-ply white/abalone/white body binding, all-black hardware and reverse Jackson 3×3 (3 over, 3 under) AT-1 black headstock.
- 24.75” scale length
- Mahogany body with cracked mirror top
- Mahogany set-neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint
- 12″-radius ebony bound fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and pearloid block inlays
- Passive EMG® MF Signature humbucking pickups
- Three-position pickup toggle switch, two volume controls and two tone controls
- Jackson TOM-style adjustable bridge with anchored tailpiece
- Jackson sealed die-cast locking tuners and standard strap buttons
- Available in Purple Mirror with 3-ply white/abalone/white body binding, reverse Jackson 3×3 AT-1 black headstock and black hardware
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Monarkh
- Body Binding: White
- Number of Strings: 6
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Construction: Set-Neck with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Binding: White
- Neck Finish: Gloss Black
- Scale Length: 24.75″
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12″
- Number of frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Black Plastic
- Nut Width: 1.6875″
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action Head Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
- Bridge Pickup: EMG MF Signature
- Neck Pickup: EMG MF Signature
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Jackson TOM-Style Adjustable with Anchored Tailpiece
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast Locking
- Control Knobs: Black Dome Style
- Switch Tip: Black