The Jackson Pro Series Rhoads models continue the metal legacy pioneered by the immortal Randy Rhoads. Metal has evolved dramatically over the decades, and today’s metal calls for a hotter, more aggressive tone than ever before.
Offered in a classic Gloss Black finish with gold pickguard and hardware, the RRT-5 is a formidable V-shaped axe loaded with style and supercharged features including a mahogany body, graphite-reinforced through-body maple neck with scarf joint and ultra-smooth oiled back finish. Its bound 12”-16” ebony fingerboard hosts 22 jumbo frets and pearloid sharkfin inlays.
Chosen specifically for their incredible sound, a pair of modern Seymour Duncan® Distortion humbucking pickups drives this guitar’s voice, combining for highly balanced, flexible tone, with plenty of high output for pristine cleans and snarling distortion. The RRT-5 also features three-way toggle pickup switching and a Jackson® compensated and adjustable TOM-style bridge with anchored tailpiece.
DIRECT MOUNT SEYMOUR DUNCAN® DISTORTION HUMBUCKING
The Duncan Distortion humbucking pickups incorporate a massive ceramic magnet and hot coil windings to deliver well-balanced rock and metal tones that have rich upper midrange harmonic content. These high-output pickups deliver searing lead tone and crunchy rhythms, and also clean up well for smooth, fluid solos under high gain. The pickups are mounted to the body for increased resonance and vibration transfer, adding more punch and sustain to your sound.
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Rhoads
- Number of Strings: 6
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Binding: White
- Neck Finish: Oiled
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (64.77cm)
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12″-16″ Compound Radius (304.8mm to 406.4mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Black Plastic
- Nut Width: 1.6875″ (42.86mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Truss Rod Nut: Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Distortion SH-6
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Distortion SH-6N
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Jackson TOM-Style Adjustable String-Through-Body
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Gold
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Switch Tip: Black
NECK-THROUGH-BODY WITH GRAPHITE REINFORCEMENT AND SCARF JOINT
True neck-through-body construction has been a Jackson hallmark since 1980, allowing for greater playability and sustain. Neck-through is a method of guitar construction which involves extending the piece (or pieces) of wood used for the neck through the entire length of the body. Graphite reinforcement rods flanking the truss rod provide even more neck stability to help the instrument withstand the rigors of the road.
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)