Born in Southern California in 1980, Jackson was the first brand to embrace the needs of hard rock and metal virtuosos by providing instruments with feature sets that catered to high-velocity playing.
Jackson has continued to revolutionize its high-performance craft over the last 40 years, while dominating the metal landscape as the industry’s leading shred machines. The all-new Jackson American Series is the next chapter in Jackson’s storied legacy, marking the first made-in-Corona flagship product line for the brand.
Designed to inspire players around the globe, the American Series Virtuoso™ comes equipped with all the essential features demanded by today’s high-velocity players. The model starts with an alder body featuring a contoured “hand-shake” heel to ensure ergonomic comfort during long sets.
The five-piece multi-laminated caramelized maple/maple neck is bolted-on with graphite-reinforcement rods that provide rock-solid stability all the way up to the 24th fret. The ultra-fast 12-16″ compound radius streaked ebony fingerboard with rolled edges is built from the get-go for easy chording and riffing near the nut and speedy scale runs as you move up the neck. Luminlay® side dots ensure you always land on the right fret even on the darkest stages, while a heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel allows for quick neck relief tweaks on the fly.
The HH pickup configuration features a Seymour Duncan® JB™ TB-4 humbucking bridge pickup that roars with hot-rodded attitude and a powerful low end, while the Seymour Duncan ’59™ SH-1N neck pickup radiates with glassy treble tone and scooped mids that perform well across a multitude of genres. The intuitive control layout consists of a five-way blade switch, and dome-style knobs for volume and tone.
Other premium features include a Floyd Rose® 1500 Series double-locking tremolo bridge system for reliable tuning stability throughout daring and aggressive playing theatrics, Gotoh® MG-T locking tuners and Dunlop® dual-locking strap buttons.
Designed with standout style in mind, the American Series Virtuoso™ comes in Specific Ocean with color matched, bound pointy headstocks and black hardware.
- Alder body
- Bolt-on five-piece multi-laminated caramelized maple/maple neck with graphite-reinforcement rods
- 12″-16″ compound radius streaked ebony fingerboard with rolled edges, 24 jumbo frets and offset mother of pearl dot inlays
- Seymour Duncan® JB™ TB-4 bridge pickup and Seymour Duncan ’59® SH-1N neck pickup
- Five-way blade pickup switch, single volume control and single tone control
- Floyd Rose® 1500 Series double-locking tremolo bridge system
- Luminlay® side dots
- Heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel
- Dunlop® dual-locking strap buttons
- Gotoh® MG-T locking tuners
- Jackson Foam Core Case included
HIGHLIGHTS & SPECS
BOLT-ON FIVE-PIECE MULTI-LAMINATED CARAMELIZED MAPLE/MAPLE NECK
Bolt-on construction joins the neck to the body of the guitar with screws or bolts, allowing for more control, attack and sustain. The neck features an alternating 5-piece caramelized maple/maple design for a uniquely attractive look and added strength to protect against warping from extreme temperature fluctuations.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Satin
- Body Shape: Virtuoso
- Weight: 7lbs 14oz
- Number of Strings: 6
- Neck Material: 5-Piece Caramelized Maple / Maple / Caramelized Maple / Maple / Caramelized Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (64.77cm)
- Fingerboard Material: Streaked Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12″-16″ Compound Radius (304.8mm to 406.4mm)
- Number of Frets; 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose 1500 Series Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875″ (42.86mm)
- Position Inlays: Mother of Pearl Offset Dot
- Side Dots: Luminlay
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action with Wheel
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan JB TB-4 Direct Mount
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan ’59 SH-1N Direct-Mount
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge, Position 2. Bridge Outer Coil and Neck Inner Coil, Position 3. Bridge and Neck, Position 4. Bridge Inner Coil and Neck Outer Coil, Position 5. Neck
- Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Floyd Rose 1500 Series Double-Locking Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh MG-T Locking
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Switch Tip: Black
SEYMOUR DUNCAN® JB™ TB-4/’59 SH-1N PICKUPS
It doesn’t get more classic than the JB/’59 pickup combination. The incredibly popular JB pickup brings big, heavy sound, sustain and rich harmonics, while the ’59 offers sweet sounds and clarity. Put these two together to create the ultimate in versatility, capable of handling a wide spectrum of genres from country to blues to punk to metal. The pickups are mounted to the body for increased resonance and vibration transfer, adding more punch and sustain to your sound.
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Included Jackson Foam Core Case