From Jackson Guitars:
Born in Southern California in 1980, Jackson was the first brand to embrace the needs of hard rock and metal virtuosos by providing instruments with feature sets that catered to high-velocity playing.
Jackson has continued to revolutionize its high-performance craft over the last 40 years, while dominating the metal landscape as the industry’s leading shred machines. The all-new Jackson American Series is the next chapter in Jackson’s storied legacy, marking the first made-in-Corona flagship product line for the brand.
Equipped with all the essential attributes, the American Series Soloist™ SL3 leads the way in establishing a new standard in the premium high-performance category as it inspires players across the globe.
The American SL3’s alder body is matched with a sustain-enhancing through-body three-piece maple neck that has a pair of graphite-reinforcement rods for the ultimate stability to resist temperature- and humidity-induced bending and warping. Hosting 24 jumbo frets and inverse mother of pearl sharkfin inlays, the 12”-16” compound radius rolled ebony fingerboard is designed for highly technical lightspeed playing—more curved by the nut for comfortable chording, it flattens out up the neck for increasingly fast playing and bends without fretting out. Luminlay® glow-in the-dark side dots provide exceptional fingerboard guidance even on the darkest stages, while a heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel allows for quick neck relief tweaks on the fly.
The HSS pickup configuration features a set of versatile Seymour Duncan® pickups that deliver tonal clout. The Seymour Duncan JB™ TB-4 bridge pickup roars with hot-rodded attitude and a powerful low end, while the Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat® SSL-6 RWRP Single-Coil middle and Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat® SSL-6 neck pickups radiate with glassy treble tone and scooped mids that perform well across a multitude of genres. Harness the sonic horsepower with a versatile five-way blade pickup switch and single volume and tone controls. Other premium features include a Floyd Rose® 1500 Series double-locking tremolo bridge system for reliable tuning stability throughout daring and aggressive playing theatrics, Gotoh® MG-T locking tuners and Dunlop® dual-locking strap buttons.
Designed with our trademark metal style, the American Series Soloist SL3 comes in striking Gloss Black, Platinum Pearl, Riviera Blue or Satin Slime Green finishes with color matched Jackson pointy headstocks and black hardware.
- Alder body
- Through-body three-piece maple neck with graphite reinforcement
- 12”-16” compound radius rolled ebony fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and inverse mother of pearl sharkfin inlays
- Seymour Duncan® JB™ TB-4 bridge pickup, Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat® SSL-6 RWRP Single-Coil middle pickup and Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat® SSL-6 Single-Coil neck pickup
- Five-way blade pickup switch, single volume control and single tone control
- Floyd Rose® 1500 Series double-locking tremolo bridge system
- Luminlay® side dots
- Heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel
- Dunlop® dual-locking strap buttons
- Gotoh® MG-T locking tuners
THROUGH-BODY THREE-PIECE MAPLE NECK CONSTRUCTION
True neck-through-body construction has been a Jackson hallmark since 1980, allowing for greater playability, warmer tonal spectrum and enhanced sustain. This method of guitar construction involves seamlessly extending three pieces of maple wood used for the neck through the entire length of the body. Graphite- reinforcement rods flanking the truss rod provide even more neck stability to help the instrument withstand the rigors of the road.
HSS CONFIG FEATURING SEYMOUR DUNCAN PICKUPS
The HSS configuration features the incredibly popular Seymour Duncan JB TB-4 in the bridge, Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 RWRP Single-Coil in the middle and a Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 Single-Coil in the neck. The JB humbucker brings big, heavy sound, sustain and rich harmonics, while the overwound single-coil pickups strike the perfect balance between increased output and bouncy, defined tonal character for a glassy, powerful and bold bite.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Soloist
- Number of Strings: 6
- Neck Material: 3-Piece Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Gloss Color Matched
- Scale Length: 25.5″
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12″-16″ Compound Radius
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose R3 Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875″
- Position Inlays: Inverted Mother of Pearl Sharkfin
- Side Dots: Luminlay
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action with Wheel
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan JB TB-4
- Middle Pickup: Seymour Duncan Flat Strat SSL-6 RWRP Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Flat Strat SSL-6 Single-Coil
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Outer Coil of Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Neck and Bridge inner Coil, Position 4. Neck and Middle Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HSS
- Hardware: Floyd Rose 1500 Series Double-Locking Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh MG-T Locking
- Switch Tip: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Included Jackson Foam Core Case