This is a used guitar. It has been tested and gone over by the experts at our shop. When a guitar is purchased from us it undergoes a final setup before shipping to ensure it’s playing optimally. It is then packed with care and shipped to your door! If you have any questions about this or any other piece of gear we have, please let us know and we’ll be happy to help!
– Condition: 9.5/10
– Fret wear: NONE
– Any wear of note: Nothing of note that isn’t supposed to be there. IT’S BEAT (ON PURPOSE!) In really amazing shape. All dings, dents, scratches, checking, etc. was done by Friedman at the factory as a part of their aging process and was intentional.
– This is truly an amazing guitar. Iconic really knows how to make a guitar, and this is the perfect example of that. It’s resonant and lively. The pickups are clear as bells and compliment the semi-hollow body construction really well. The aging/relic’ing is done so well and tastefully to give it a great worn in feel while still feeling like a sound and vibrant instrument. Last but not least….the roasted 5A flame maple neck…the flame is so vivid and gorgeous. The profile is super comfortable. Really an exemplary guitar.
- Alder Body
- Rosewood Fingerboard
- Graffiti Yellow Finish
- White Pearl Pickguard
- Classic Hum Bridge Pickup
- Classic Hum Neck Pickup
- Nickel Hardware
- Black Painted Headstock
- Medium Aging
- G&G Hardshell Case
VINTAGE – T
• Working class, rock and roll guitar.
• Vintage Feel – Modern playability.
• Simple, solid, timeless and aged to perfection.
ALL FRIEDMAN GUITARS are Custom Ordered and built by hand. The Neck wood, body wood, color, aging, hardware and pickups are all Customizable by YOU! Or, if you see something from the gallery you like, we’ll just make that, if we don’t already have it in stock. Custom orders take 8-10 weeks.
***NOTE: Aging and wear marks are all one of a kind…so expect variations, as no two are the same.
Premium body woods – Dave chose genuine Mahogany, Alder and Ash as the body woods of choice for their classic tonal character. Each piece of wood is hand-selected by Grover Jackson himself. In the last round of building 25 guitars, over 500 wood planks were inspected by Grover – 475 did not make the cut. Grain pattern and light weight are benchmarks for every Vintage-T.
Necks – Select eastern hard maple with your choice of Indian Rosewood, Maple, Birdseye Maple, Ebony and Pau Ferro fingerboard is available.
Frets – Jescar FW47095 nickel silver fret wire is used on Vintage-T guitars.
Compound Radius – Grover Jackson invented the compound radius fingerboard (CRF) 35 years ago. The fingerboard geometry is based on a conical shape rather than cylindrical. The significance is tangible and substantial – a 10”-14” compound radius fingerboard allows for maximum playability with no chance of your strings fretting out when bending. Compound radius is time-consuming and laborious to get exactly right, yet worth-it – and featured on every Friedman Vintage-T.
Tight Pocket and Exclusive Zero-Shift Neck Pins – Neck shifting results in incorrect string alignment and is a challenge for many guitars. A tight neck pocket helps, but in-and-of itself does not eliminate the problem. Vintage-T guitars raise the bar with the exclusive Zero-Shift Neck Pin design; whereby, two military grade precision steel dowel pins align the body and neck, eliminating shift all together. The tonal benefit of this connection is a virtual fusion of the body and neck whereby the transference of vibration is maximized.
Tuners – Vintage-style tuners.
Plek – Very few boutique builders and many of the giants do not use a PLEK. This German-made device provides the ultimate in fretboard analysis, fret-leveling and overall setup, and ensures maximum modern playability of all Friedman guitars.
Aged Nitrocellulose Finish – Grover Jackson is one of the few guitar manufacturers in Southern California permitted to spray nitrocellulose lacquer. Friedman guitars wear a thin nitro finish allowing the wood to breathe.
Custom Friedman Pickups – Dave and Grover worked for over a year on the Friedman Classic Humbucker and Classic 90 pickups to get the exact tone Dave envisioned. Both choices feature nickel silver base plates, high quality copper wire and alnico magnets.
• The Classic 90 delivers a smooth, warm tone with a very open top-end and touch-sensitive dynamics. The combination of slightly over-wound 42 awg wire coils and traditional Alnico V magnets give the Classic 90 a fat, yet extremely articulate tone with excellent response to pick attack.
• The Friedman Classic Humbucker produces vintage-style tone with an exceptionally balanced frequency response, outstanding clarity and extended dynamic range. These 42 awg pickups are reminiscent of late ‘59 PAFs in tone with a bit more Dave-infused attitude.
Case included – All Friedman guitars come in a custom G&G case.
Certificate of Authenticity – Dave Friedman and Grover Jackson carefully inspect each guitar prior to shipping. A serial numbered Certificate of Authenticity signed by both Dave and Grover is included.