- Alder Body
- Ebony Fingerboard
- Black Finish
- Aged Chrome Hardware
- Single Layer Black Pickguard
- 1x Triple D Humbucker Bridge Pickup w/ Open Coil Cover
- Black Painted Headstock
- Hardshell Case
VINTAGE – T
• Working class, rock and roll guitar.
• Vintage Feel – Modern playability.
• Simple, solid, timeless and aged to perfection.
Premium body woods – Dave chose genuine Alder as the body wood of choice for its classic tonal character. Each piece of wood is hand-selected by Grover Jackson himself. In the last round of building 25 guitars, over 500 wood planks were inspected by Grover – 475 did not make the cut. Grain pattern and light weight are benchmarks for every Vintage-T.
Necks – Select eastern hard maple with an Ebony fingerboard
Frets – Jescar FW47095 nickel silver fret wire is used on Vintage-T guitars.
Compound Radius – Grover Jackson invented the compound radius fingerboard (CRF) 35 years ago. The fingerboard geometry is based on a conical shape rather than cylindrical. The significance is tangible and substantial – a 10”-14” compound radius fingerboard allows for maximum playability with no chance of your strings fretting out when bending. Compound radius is time-consuming and laborious to get exactly right, yet worth-it – and featured on every Friedman Vintage-T.
Tight Pocket and Exclusive Zero-Shift Neck Pins – Neck shifting results in incorrect string alignment and is a challenge for many guitars. A tight neck pocket helps, but in-and-of itself does not eliminate the problem. Vintage-T guitars raise the bar with the exclusive Zero-Shift Neck Pin design; whereby, two military grade precision steel dowel pins align the body and neck, eliminating shift all together. The tonal benefit of this connection is a virtual fusion of the body and neck whereby the transference of vibration is maximized.
Tuners – Vintage-style tuners.
Plek – Very few boutique builders and many of the giants do not use a PLEK. This German-made device provides the ultimate in fretboard analysis, fret-leveling and overall setup, and ensures maximum modern playability of all Friedman guitars.
Aged Nitrocellulose Finish – Grover Jackson is one of the few guitar manufacturers in Southern California permitted to spray nitrocellulose lacquer. Friedman guitars wear a thin nitro finish allowing the wood to breathe.
Custom Friedman Pickups – Dave and Grover worked for over a year on the Friedman Classic Humbucker and Classic 90 pickups to get the exact tone Dave envisioned. Both choices feature nickel silver base plates, high quality copper wire and alnico magnets.
• The Classic 90 delivers a smooth, warm tone with a very open top-end and touch-sensitive dynamics. The combination of slightly over-wound 42 awg wire coils and traditional Alnico V magnets give the Classic 90 a fat, yet extremely articulate tone with excellent response to pick attack.
• The Friedman Classic Humbucker produces vintage-style tone with an exceptionally balanced frequency response, outstanding clarity and extended dynamic range. These 42 awg pickups are reminiscent of late ‘59 PAFs in tone with a bit more Dave-infused attitude.
Case included – All Friedman guitars come in a custom G&G case.
Certificate of Authenticity – Dave Friedman and Grover Jackson carefully inspect each guitar prior to shipping. A serial numbered Certificate of Authenticity signed by both Dave and Grover is included.
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping. We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA. Returns
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so we offer a 48 hour approval period on most purchases (see exclusions below). The 48 hour approval period begins when your purchased item is delivered to your door. If after 48 hours you’re not happy with the item, just contact us via phone, email or live chat on our website to arrange for a return authorization (RA#) and return shipping instructions. Any package sent back without prior authorization will be refused.
Returns must be shipped back to us within two days of the RA being issued. Items must come back to us undamaged and in the same condition they were shipped out. All manuals, paperwork, cables, tremolo arms, wrenches, etc… must be included or full credit will not be issued. Any items not conforming to this policy will be subject (at our discretion) to a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
Refunds will be issued minus all related shipping expenses, if free shipping was initially given, the cost we incurred to get the item to you will be deducted from your refund. A 10% restock fee will also be deducted from your refund. Restock fees will be waived for full value exchanges.
Here are exceptions to our return policy.
- Custom orders of any kind are non returnable and non refundable. We often charge a deposit before we will place a custom or special order. All special order deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, no exceptions.
- Microphones, Harmonicas, In-Ear Systems and any other items that come into contact with your mouth or ears.
- Items labeled as BLOWOUT, are non-returnable. These are often being sold below cost and are considered “all sales final”.
- Software (this may also include hardware that includes software), unless still in shrink wrap with barcode affixed.
- Guitar strings, blank media, and other disposable merchandise.
- Guitar or bass pickups that have been installed or used in any way.
- Any item advertised as “USED” is non returnable.
*Payments for music lessons are non refundable, no exceptions.
View our detailed Return Policy here. Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order. Damaged Merchandise
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.