- Mahogany Body
- Ebony Fingerboard
- Black Cherry Trans Top w/ Brown Stained Back Satin Finish
- Creme Body & Neck Binding
- Creme Bezel
- 1x Zebra Classic+ Humbucker Bridge Pickup
- 1x Zebra Classic Humbucker Neck Pickup
- 4A Flame Maple Top
- Heavy Aging
- Case Included
• Our Interpretation of the Set Neck Guitar
• A Unique Modern Classic
• Balance, Beauty, and Playability
Premium body woods – Every Metro D features a unique combination of high quality, hand selected tonewoods that deliver an elegant, rich tone. Each piece of wood is hand-selected by Grover Jackson himself. Dave and Grover found that the combination of an Alder body back with a maple top produces a punchy, resonant sound. The Metro D is also available with a traditional Mahogany back version.
Necks – The Metro D long tenon neck is made with Genuine Mahogany and is paired to a Rosewood or Ebony Fingerboard.
Frets – Jescar FW57110 nickel silver fret wire is used on Metro D guitars
Compound Radius – Grover Jackson invented the compound radius fingerboard (CRF) 35 years ago. The fingerboard geometry is based on a conical shape rather than cylindrical. The significance is tangible and substantial – a 10”-14” compound radius fingerboard allows for maximum playability with no chance of your strings fretting out when bending. The compound radius is time-consuming and laborious to get exactly right, yet worth-it – and featured on every Friedman Metro D.
Tuners and Bridge– The Metro D is loaded with a Tone Pros Tune-O-Matic style Bridge and Stop Tail Piece that is paired with locking tuners.
Plek – Very few boutique builders and many of the giants do not use a PLEK. This German-made device provides the ultimate in fretboard analysis, fret-leveling, and overall setup, and ensures maximum modern playability of all Friedman guitars.
Aged Nitrocellulose Finish or High Gloss – Grover Jackson is one of the few guitar manufacturers in Southern California permitted to spray nitrocellulose lacquer. Friedman guitars wear a thin nitro finish allowing the wood to breathe.
Custom Friedman Pickups – The Metro D is loaded with a Classic Humbucker in the neck position that is combined with the Classic+ Humbucker in the bridge. Adding these pickups to the entire Metro D equation delivers a rich, defined sound experience inspired by the golden age of guitar building.
• The Friedman Classic Humbucker is a ‘tip-of-the-hat’ to the legendary PAF Humbucker… smooth and sweet.
• The “+” in the Friedman Classic+ Humbucker signifies that it has more windings and is hotter than the Classic Humbucker. This gives the pickup a slightly crunchier tone in higher gain environments. This pickup is used in the bridge position of the CALI.
Case included – All Friedman guitars come in a custom G&G case.
Certificate of Authenticity – Dave Friedman and Grover Jackson carefully inspect each guitar prior to shipping. A serial numbered Certificate of Authenticity signed by both Dave and Grover is included.