High Voltage Dual-Tube Direct Solution
The Friedman IR-X dual-channel tube preamp is an entire Friedman rig in a compact pedalboard-friendly package. Powered by two high-voltage 12AX7 preamp tubes, each channel delivers the harmonic richness and touch response of Dave Friedman’s finest designs. DSP IR cabinet/power amp simulation sends a studio-quality mic’d-up tone to your DAW or Front-of-House.
All-Tube Friedman Tone
IR-X isn’t simulating a Friedman tube preamp. It is one. While many available preamp pedals utilize tubes to ‘warm up’ their digital or solid-state circuit, two glowing 12AX7 preamp tubes, running at a proper high voltage, are this pedal’s beating heart. A genuine preamp in every way, IR-X delivers all the tone, response, gain characteristics, and harmonic complexity you expect from a Friedman design.
Two Fully Independent Foot-Switchable Channels
Like the famed Friedman flagship amps, channel one takes your tone from bluesy, British-voiced cleans to a muscular Plexi-style roar. Engage channel two for the Friedman signature higher-gain voice and all the percussive punch, note clarity and singing sustain that comes with it.
Dual Independent Boosts
Both channels feature their own independent and highly tweakable boost circuits. This essentially gives you four channels, accessible with the tap of your toe.
3-Way Bridge-Switch (CHANNEL 1), 2-Way Tight-Switch (CHANNEL 2), Three position CAB/IR Select switch per channel, Boost volume and gain controls (per channel)
Impulse Response Cabinet and Power Amp Simulation
All great tube amps need a great speaker cabinet, and whether sending your signal straight to the board or silently playing through the onboard headphone output, IR-X gives you a selection of Dave Friedman’s favorite IRs. Select the IR per channel using the 3-way mini toggle switches or load your own quickly and easily via IR-X’s editing software. You can even disengage the onboard IRs entirely to use IR-X’s tube preamp with another IR loader.
IR-X SOFTWARE EDITOR
IR-X gives you astounding tonal control, but its included Friedman IR-X Editor software takes it to a new level. With it, you can tweak each channel’s power amp simulation via the thump and presence controls, load your favorite IRs, activate the Boost Lock feature, select loop ON/OFF and save it all to 128 MIDI presets.
- All-tube HIGH-VOLTAGE preamp – DI
- 2 x 12AX7 preamp tubes
- Two independent channels + boost
- Channel 1 (Top channel) clean to gritty
- Channel 2 (Bottom channel) high gain drive
- MIDI programmable features:
- Channel select / boost
- IR Select
- Thump and Presence – three-way switch per channel
- Effects Loop On/Off
- Boost Lock
- Power amp simulation with software editable Presence and Thump (per channel)
- Low latency Impulse Response cabinet simulation (bypassable)
- Three position CAB/IR select switch per channel (programmable via software)
- 12 free Friedman IRs or load your own
- Boost Volume and Gain controls (per channel)
- Volume and Gain controls (per channel)
- Full EQ consisting of Bass, Middle, Treble (per channel)
- 3-way Bright switch (Channel 1)
- 2-way Tight switch (Channel 2)
- Three multi-function foot switches
- Ultra-transparent series FX loop (bypassable)
- TRS balanced output
- Headphone output
- MIDI 5 pin standard connector and USB MIDI
- USB software editor – powered by SYNERGY
- Limited 3-year Warranty
- Dimensions (Including Knobs): 5.5” (D) x 6.5” (W) x 2.3 (H)
- Weight: 1.5 lbs.
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping. We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA. Returns
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so we offer a 48 hour approval period on most purchases (see exclusions below). The 48 hour approval period begins when your purchased item is delivered to your door. If after 48 hours you’re not happy with the item, just contact us via phone, email or live chat on our website to arrange for a return authorization (RA#) and return shipping instructions. Any package sent back without prior authorization will be refused.
Returns must be shipped back to us within two days of the RA being issued. Items must come back to us undamaged and in the same condition they were shipped out. All manuals, paperwork, cables, tremolo arms, wrenches, etc… must be included or full credit will not be issued. Any items not conforming to this policy will be subject (at our discretion) to a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
Refunds will be issued minus all related shipping expenses, if free shipping was initially given, the cost we incurred to get the item to you will be deducted from your refund. A 10% restock fee will also be deducted from your refund. Restock fees will be waived for full value exchanges.
Here are exceptions to our return policy.
- Custom orders of any kind are non returnable and non refundable. We often charge a deposit before we will place a custom or special order. All special order deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, no exceptions.
- Microphones, Harmonicas, In-Ear Systems and any other items that come into contact with your mouth or ears.
- Items labeled as BLOWOUT, are non-returnable. These are often being sold below cost and are considered “all sales final”.
- Software (this may also include hardware that includes software), unless still in shrink wrap with barcode affixed.
- Guitar strings, blank media, and other disposable merchandise.
- Guitar or bass pickups that have been installed or used in any way.
- Any item advertised as “USED” is non returnable.
*Payments for music lessons are non refundable, no exceptions.
View our detailed Return Policy here. Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order. Damaged Merchandise
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.