This is a used amp. It has been tested and gone over by the experts at our shop to ensure it’s working properly and is free of issues, unless otherwise noted in this listing. Please see pictures provided and the notes below for condition and wear. It will be packed with care to be shipped to your door! If you have any questions about this or any other piece of gear we have, please let us know and we’ll be happy to help!
– Condition: 9.5/10
– Any wear of note: There’s some very, very light marks on the corners of the top of the amp from, what looks like, the feet of another amp head from having been stacked on top of it. Very common to happen to tolex and again, very, very light and minor. The amp is in really amazing shape besides that and in full working order! Comes with power cable, footswitch and footswitch cable.
Three Channel – 50 Watts – Handwired;
By combining the tonal pallet of his BE and HBE circuits, as well as the sparkling cleans of the Buxom Betty in his all-new BE-50 Deluxe amplifier head, Dave Friedman is unleashing his most flexible design yet. And thanks to a handful of Friedman’s most requested mods, this 3-channel head is chock full of tone-shaping possibilities and power.
Friedman tube amps are the best of the best. Yet, with three channels of his most popular circuits and effortless tone sculpting, all while retaining unmatched touch-sensitive purity, Dave Friedman has proclaimed the BE-50 Deluxe 50-watt all-tube head, “The best amp I’ve ever made.”
BE and HBE overdrive channels
Housed in the BE-50 Deluxe, Friedman’s BE and HBE drive channels are industry standards for high-gain crunch, clarity, and nuance. And with independent volume and gain controls, as well as some of Friedman’s most popular amp modifications, you’ll be switching between these worlds of grit, on the fly.
• Footswitchable BE and HBE channels
• Independent volume and gain for each channel
• 3-position voice switch dictates the top-end response of the dirty channels
• Fat switch adds low-end girth and warmth
• 3-way gain structure switch determines the channels’ overall gain
Buxom Betty-like cleans
The clean channel of the Friedman BE-50 Deluxe is directly inspired by the chime, glassy top end, and full body of the Friedman Buxom Betty amplifier. Not only does it sing with massive headroom and detail, but it brings out the very best in your favorite pedals and effects as well.
• Opulent clean tones, inspired by the Friedman Buxom Betty
• 3-band EQ to shape your clean tone
• 3-position bright switch tailors the sheen of your sound
Flexible power section
Thanks to an astoundingly flexible power section, the BE-50 Deluxe will be your go-to amp on any gig. From the front panel, you’re able to tune the amp’s overall character with a trio of variable controls. Turn the amp around and you’ll find a half-power switch as well as the most transparent effects loop in the business.
• Presence knob attenuates high frequencies in the amp’s power section
• Thump adds or removes low-end rumble
• Response control allows you to determine the amp’s feel
• Transparent series effects loop with bypass switch always maintains your core tone
• Power toggle selects between 50-watt pentode operation and 25-watt triode mode
Dave Friedman knows tone
Dave Friedman has been building one of the most stellar reputations in the guitar, amplifier, and effects industry for decades. His clientele – which includes some of the biggest names in electric guitar – continue to rely on him to keep them sounding their best night after night. When he puts his name on a piece of gear, you know it will get the job done.
• Dave Friedman’s name is synonymous with high-quality electric guitar products
• Crafted with the finest materials for flawless performance
• Every unit is inspected and tested by Dave before shipping
- 50/25-Watt all tube head
- Three channels
- Handwired in the USA
- 2 x EL34 power tubes
- 4 x 12AX7 preamp tubes
- SAT, FAT, Bright, and Voice switches create a multitude of unique textures
- Gain Structure switch lowers overall gain
- Clean Ch – Volume, Bass, Middle, Treble
- BE Ch – Gain 1, Master 1, Bass, Middle, Treble (shared with HBE Ch)
- HBE Ch – Gain 2, Master 2, Bass, Middle, Treble (shared with ch BE Ch)
- Ultra transparent series FX loop
- 4, 8 and 16 ohm Impedance selector switch
- Custom USA made transformers
- Dimensions: 8.75″ (D) x 26.75″ (W) x 11″ (H)
- Weight: 37.5 lbs.