From Bad Cat:
• Bad Cat proprietary K Master circuit – the exact same incredible K Master circuit found on our legacy series amps. The K Master allows for any tone at any volume.
• The USA Player Series Cub amps feature the ability to switch between a 12AX7 and an EF86 in the V1 preamp position. The 12AX7 is cleaner with more midrange and more traditional in its voicing. The EF86 is more aggressive and dynamic. The picking dynamic on this preamp setting is without parallel.
• Start with the bass, treble and cut at noon and adjust. The treble back behind noon will impart a rich midrange, push it past noon and feel any unwanted low end flub disappear.
• Passive effects loop
• Reverb is standard
• High quality birch ply cabinets.
• Hand built in Irvine, California just like our legacy amps
• Same components and hand-wound on paper bobbin transformers found in our hand-wired legacy amps.
• Combos have the same UK made Celestion Bad Cat proprietary speakers
The temptation when designing an amplifier, especially if PCB is the best construction method for your project, is to offer every feature under the sun. Six rows of pots and switches, multiple channels and modes etc. The problem with that approach is that every component that your signal travels through has a benefit and a cost. The benefits are the particular function the component adds but cost is in signal degradation.
At Bad Cat, we believe we can achieve versatility in other ways. We design amplifiers with short, clean signal paths. As a result, Bad Cat amps have a trademark transparency and clarity. The USA Player Series is no exception. The amp is designed with simplicity, functionality and amazing tone in mind. We kept the signal as simple as possible. Versatility is achieved through the design and the ability to utilize different preamp tubes, interactive tone stack, and the K Master.
What is the difference between the USA Player Series and the Cub Legacy amps?
Both amps are hand built at our headquarters in Irvine, California. Both amps essentially use the same components, transformers and chassis. The Legacy amps are built using point- to-point solder connections. The USA Player Series amps are constructed with military grade printed circuit boards. Still constructed by hand, the PCB construction offers repeatability and the ability to isolate grounding planes for reduced noise. From the player’s perspective, this can make an amp feel a little more forgiving. If done correctly the attack will compress a little easier, even in clean settings, which will smooth out variations in picking attack.
15 Watts Class A
2 EL84 Power Tubes
1 12AX7-EF86 Pre-Amp Channel
Solid State Rectified
Shipping & ReturnsFree Shipping
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping. We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
*Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA. Returns
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase, so we offer a 48 hour approval period on most purchases (see exclusions below). The 48 hour approval period begins when your purchased item is delivered to your door. If after 48 hours you’re not happy with the item, just contact us via phone, email or live chat on our website to arrange for a return authorization (RA#) and return shipping instructions. Any package sent back without prior authorization will be refused.
Returns must be shipped back to us within two days of the RA being issued. Items must come back to us undamaged and in the same condition they were shipped out. All manuals, paperwork, cables, tremolo arms, wrenches, etc… must be included or full credit will not be issued. Any items not conforming to this policy will be subject (at our discretion) to a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
Refunds will be issued minus all related shipping expenses, if free shipping was initially given, the cost we incurred to get the item to you will be deducted from your refund. A 10% restock fee will also be deducted from your refund. Restock fees will be waived for full value exchanges.
Here are exceptions to our return policy.
- Custom orders of any kind are non returnable and non refundable. We often charge a deposit before we will place a custom or special order. All special order deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, no exceptions.
- Microphones, Harmonicas, In-Ear Systems and any other items that come into contact with your mouth or ears.
- Items labeled as BLOWOUT, are non-returnable. These are often being sold below cost and are considered “all sales final”.
- Software (this may also include hardware that includes software), unless still in shrink wrap with barcode affixed.
- Guitar strings, blank media, and other disposable merchandise.
- Guitar or bass pickups that have been installed or used in any way.
- Any item advertised as “USED” is non returnable.
*Payments for music lessons are non refundable, no exceptions.
View our detailed Return Policy here. Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order. Damaged Merchandise
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.
There are no reviews yet.