From 3rd Power:
Updated 20 Watt American Workhorse
GRIT [GR-IT] NOUN
‘To have the drive, stamina and determination to push through any challenge or obstacle thrown your way until you succeed.’
That pretty much sums up the new SPANKY MKII+ 112 combo. The SPANKY MKII+ takes the legendary Spanky MKII and gives it more clean headroom. And when you want American-flavored grit, there’s a new front panel switchable boost mode to take it to the edge of breakup or all the way over the top!
WE’VE UPDATED THE SPANKY MKII!
American Clean and Grit with Timeless Styling
The SPANKY MKII+ drops the 5AR4 rectifier tube (a potential source of power supply failure and tube rattle) opting for a more reliable solid-state diode rectifier power supply design that’s perfect for this workhorse of an amp. This increases the headroom of the amp but don’t worry, the SPANKY MKII+ still oozes with rich, warm and articulate tube tone and feel.
The SPANKY MKII+ adds a Gain Boost toggle switch to take your tone up to, as well as over the edge. With the boost engaged, the SPANKY MKII+ breaks up more like a blend of both tweed American and British blues style amps of the late 50s and 60s. We’ve also upgrade the speaker to the WGS ET-65 for maximum headroom, articulation and warmth.
EASIER TO NAVIGATE
The SPANKY MKII+ now features all controls and switches on the front panel at your fingertips! Case in point, we moved the HIGH-FREQUENCY DAMPING control to the front panel so you can fine tune your high frequencies without requiring access to the back panel. Of course, our all-tube spring reverb is on board to add the perfect amount of ambience while HybridMaster keeps the volume at the perfect level for the room.
UPDATED CONTROL SURFACE
Front Panel Access to all Controls
HOW IT WORKS
The SPANKY MKII+ features a 3-Band EQ features so you know you’ve got the tonal versatility you need to get things sounding just right.The MID BOOST toggle switch allows you to jump your signal passed the tone controls for a supremely touch-sensitive sustain and grit. See below for a description of each of the controls.
HI AND LOW INPUTS
The SPANKY MKII+ features HI and LOW inputs. The HI input provides maximum clarity, detail and punch for your guitar signal. The LOW input has a gentler, balanced frequency and dynamic response. For maximum chime and presence, use the HI input. For warmer tones, use the LOW input.
The SPANKY MKII+ Volume Control sets the feel, tone and temperament of your guitar signal. Settings around 11-o clock are clean, punchy and substantial. Settings after 1-0 clock begin to introduce edge of breakup tones (especially with humbuckers).
3-BAND EQ, BOOST SWITCH
The SPANKY MKII+ features a three band EQ arranged across TREBLE, MIDDLE and BASS controls. For enhanced touch-sensitivity and sustain, bypass the tone controls by placing the BOOST SWITCH in the ‘up’ position.
Finalize Your Tone
HOW IT WORKS
The SPANKY MKII+ features a mastering section to provide the tools you need to refine and enhance your tone. The REVERB controls the overall sense of space to your sound. HF DAMP controls the overall high frequency content of the output section. HYBRID-MASTER™ controls your overall volume. See below for a description of each control here in the mastering section of the amplifier.
The SPANKY MKII+ features a lush Class-A tube driven spring reverb effect to give your tone a vintage-style ambient effect. The REVERB knob controls the overall sense of space to your sound.
HF DAMP allows you to control the high frequency content of your sound without killing the chime and harmonics. Use this control when perfecting your sound in artificial listening environments such as in-ear monitors. Or, use it to sweeten up the high frequencies as part of your overall sound.
HYBRID-MASTER is our patented volume management circuitry that allows you to control the overall volume in the room independent of the tone and feel.
- Clean, American Voiced, Preamp Section
- 3-Band EQ with Bypass Switch
- Long-tailed-pair phase inverter for greater headroom
- Tube Driven Spring Reverb
- 6V6 (20W) Class-AB Operation
- Premium American-made Heyboer Transformers throughout
- Premium American-made 12′′ WGS ET-65 Speaker
- Patented HybridMASTER volume management technology
- Unique Treble Damping circuit for post tone-stack high-frequency EQ
- 8 ohm and 4 ohm speaker jacks
- Power and Standby switches on the front panel
- Mallory and Orange Drop coupling capacitors
- Choke filtered power supply
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Model Name: Spanky MKII
- Power: Class AB, ~20 Watts
- Power Tubes: JJ 6V6 duet as standard
- Preamp Tubes: V1 – V2: ECC83, V3 – V4: Sovtek 12AX7 LPS
- Tone Controls: Volume, Treble, Middle and Bass, Bypass Switch
- Reverb Controls: Reverb Level
- Other Controls & Features: HF Damp Control for managing your high frequency content. HybridMASTER™ Level Control for fine tuning your volume without changing your tone.
- Weight: 31lbs
- Case Composition: Solid 3/4″ Pine
- Speaker Output: One 8 Ohm and Two 4 Ohm Jacks
- Dimensions: 112 Combo: 19 7/8″ x 16″ x 9.5″
- Operating Voltage: 120V is standard
- Standby Switch: Standby Switch located on front panel
- Rectifier: Solid-state diode rectified
- Certification: CE Certified